Chapter 11

A/N!...

IMPORTANT!

I would dedicate this chapter but idk how because I'm on my phone but this chapter goes out to all of my readers, especially the people who get me so many reads. I believe gabattack50 is one of the people who have gotten my book some reads so thank you so much! From now on, the first person to comment, I will either make a shout out, promoting my readers to read your books, or I will go read it myself and give you feedback- I'm not usually harsh- either one you choose, I'll just message you on your profile and you can tell me if you want me to read your book or promote it to my readers! First one to comment! Thanks! Your comments are always welcome, even if you don't write. I enjoy them so much! They make me update faster when I see them, which may not be everyday but I still look at them and it inspires me to write. Okay enough about me...on with the story. Enjoy!

A blush creeps across my face as he calls me baby. He chuckles lightly and takes my hand, lacing our fingers. The gravel crunches under our feet as we walk to the gate. The man smiles at us. He looks to be about the age of 50 or so.

"5 dollars for a wristband and 1 dollar for every three tickets. A wristband lets you rude any rides and play any games. Some carnival rides cost two tickets or some three. So it's best to get wristbands." The man says and John Luke smiles, fishing into his pocket with one hand and pulling out his wallet. He flips it open and awkwardly pulls out a ten dollar bill.

"Oh no, I can pay for myself," I say, pulling out a five dollar I shoved on my bra. His eyes wander down to where I just pulled the bill from and I laugh, snapping my fingers in his face. "Eyes up here, buddy." He looks up at my face as I point at my eyes. His cheeks flush bright red and I take this opportunity to slide the man my five dollar bill. He laughs and shakes his hand.

"Naw lil lady." He says, sliding my five dollars across the table. "I can't take this. My mama always told me to pay for the date no matter what. It's just the way. The man always pays. No objections. If the man wants to pay, you should let him pay. Trust me." I sigh in defeat as JL smirks and passes the man a ten dollar bill without taking his eyes off of me. I grumble and fold my arms as the man pulls out two wristbands. He hands them to us and I slip mine on, John Luke doing the same, before stomping off in anger. I hear John Luke mutter to the guy "women." The man laughs and I look back to see then shakin their head. JL watches me as I walk and bump into something. I turn back to look at what I ran into. I hear John Luke explode with laughter and I blush. Wow. I step aside, leaving the fire hydrant at peace and continue sauntering over to the first thing I see. My cheeks burn still. Why did they put the fire hydrant right at the entrance of the carnival. Seriously. Some people are not graceful and aware. I am clumsy and oblivious. In front of me, is a gold and red sparkly tent. A sign above says "Anita's Future Telling". I've never been to one of these so I smile and begin to pull the tent curtain back before two arms wrap around my waist and a nose nuzzle my neck. Because of the tingles, I know exactly who it is. The sparks fly and butterflies explode in my stomach. A smile presses into my skin and I blush as people turn to look at us. Who cares? I do. I mad at him and he's just acting all lovey dovey. I pull away and he spins me around to face him, holding his hands on my waist.

"Come on Kay. The man is old and wide. He was just saying a fact. The man always pays. No matter how stubborn their girlfriend is." He smiles and I giggle. Again. Really? What's with my giggles?!

"We'll," I don't know what to say. "I forgive you," is the best I can do. He scrunches his brows.

"For what?"

"For being stubborn an not letting me pay for my own share. In not the stubborn one here, JL." I say and he laughs, tipping his head back. Fire ignites in my body at the sound of his beautiful laugh. He's way too hot and cute for his own good. Just his laughs makes me almost faint. This has never happened man!