Next Chapter!

I wake up the next morning to my dad's voice.

"Kay Anne! I am going with Jase and Willie to find a grocery store! Will you be alright?" He yells to me from downstairs.

"Yeah Bye dad! Love ya!" I call back and kick the covers off.

"Bye! Love ya too!" I hear the door close and I begin to search for some clothes to put on. I find a bear of light blue, almost a pale teal color, jeans and a white t-shirt. I walk down the stairs to look for any food. I find the coffee and coffee maker. Once its done, I pour myself a cup that I found after searching the boxes. I sip it and then wash the cup, putting it back in the cabinet. A knock on the door startles. I stumble through the boxes and open the door. I see John Luke, Cole, Sadie and Reed Robertson standing on my doorstep. I didn't meet Reed last night.

"Hi," I smile at them.

"Hey, Kay Anne this is Reed, Cole's brother, and Jace's son. My cousin. Reed this is Kay Anne," John Luke says. I shake his hand and open the door wider so they can walk in. "Wow," They all say at the mess of boxes.

"Yeah," I mutter and close the front door.

"Well, we gotta lot to do. Leggo!" Cole exclaims. We all get started on the boxes. I tell them to just put them anywhere and we will get learn where it is later. Sadie and Cole take the kitchen, Reed takes the bathrooms, and John Luke and I take the bedrooms, starting with mine first. I slide a box to him and take one for myself, sitting down on the floor. I pull out the wood in the box and the tools. It is my nightstand but I have to set it up.

"You gonna need help?" John Luke asks me.

"What? You don't think a girl can put together a nightstand?" I ask as I start putting corners together. He laughs.

"No, not at all. Just don't come crying and begging to me for help when it falls apart." He shrugs. I drop my jaw in offense.

"I am perfectly capable of building a nightstand," I say as I drill the nails in to hold it all in place. I push it to the wall and pull out the drawers. "See?" I say to him. I pull out a lamp from a box and set it on the stand hoping it doesn't tumble. The nightstand stays in place and I sigh, relieved. I drop a few folders, notebooks, and writing utensils into the drawers. John Luke looks impressed and I smile in triumph.

"See?" I say and he chuckles with a shake of his head. He opens another box and puts together my dresser while I pull out the clothes. He helps me separate the clothes. I handle undergarments but he puts away shirts and socks while I take pants, shorts, and underwear and bras. I place my collection of shotgun shells on the dresser. There is a certain way to stack them, it spells out Kay Anne but you have to position them just right to where they wont move. Its weird and tricky but I manage to get it and move on to my closet. I keep my hunting wear in here. My camo hats, shirts, pants, jackets, rain boots, even socks. I keep my Georgia boots out since I wear them everyday. y cowgirl boots stay in the closet too along with the four dresses I own. They are my church dresses. One is dark green, one is white, one is light blue, and the other is an off-white / yellow colored number. They are all knee length and loose- not tight and snug.

John Luke and I hang the pictures and posters on the wall.

"Um, Kay Anne?" John Luke says. I turn around to see him holding the poster my Aunt made for me. She is in that business and I told her for my birthday I wanted a really big poster of John Luke from Duck Dynasty. My cheeks flame as he holds it up. God, I forgot about that poster. It covers one wall.

"Uh. I-I-I, um- well, see-"

"Do you want this up, since you have the real life size me right here only ten minutes away when I am at home?" He asks with a smirk. I shake my head. He rolls the poster up and drops it into an empty dresser drawer. I quickly get over the embarrassment.