Chapter 23

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! THE COMMENT SERIOUSLY MAKE MY DAY!

Wattpad pick of the day...

Finding Cinderella by raindrops_

It's such a good plot so go check it out and if anyone has a book for me to read just message me. Love you guys!!

--------------------

"Are you cold?" John Luke whispers huskily in my ear, making me shiver, but not from the cold this time. I clear my throat and nod as if that didn't effect me at all. He chuckles deeply, causing my eyes to flutter shut from the sound. He wraps one arm around my shoulder from behind and another around my waist from the front. His body heat flows in waves to me. How does he stay so warm when it's twenty degrees outside? Even if the heater is on in the truck, I doesn't do much to keep me warm.

"Thank you?" I say, dropping my head to rest on his shoulder.

After a few moments, a deep rumble of another truck appears in my ears and I pull away for John Luke a bit to look at the parking lot entrance. In comes a red, diesel F-250. Ryan sits in the front seat. He parks right beside us, hopping out of his truck. I do the same, as well as John Luke. This wasn't the best plan. Stand in the freezing cold and talk about my sister.

"I'm rethinking this plan," I state to John Luke and Ryan. John Luke chuckles behind me and Ryan shakes his head.

"You realize we are right outside of a coffee shop, right? This place has a heater, hot coffee, and warm muffins. They even have a fireplace in the corner with cushioned chairs that you can sit in to warm up. Yet, we choose to stand in the parking lot in thirty degree weather."

"Okay, you know what? I admired to my mistake, so stop all of that huffing and puffing get to steppin'," I scold him rudely and he slams his truck door, heading to the coffee shop. I shake my head, taking John Luke's hand and walking with him to the coffee shop. We order a simple cup of black coffee and take a seat by the fireplace. Surprisingly, the shop is pretty deserted. Only one man with giant headphones on and a large cup of coffee sits in the back. Ryan takes the seat to the left, I take the niddle, and John Luke takes the right. The red recliners are very comfortable. I shrug off my bulky jacket, placing it across my legs as I gently sip my coffee. I pull out the slip of paper which holds the note Ryan wrote to my sister. It's crinkled from being passed around and stuffed in my jeans pocket. Before I can even blink, the paper is snatched from my hands. I turn to see Ryan looking it over, shaking his head.

"I was breaking up with her. She was cheating on me with that other college guy. God, she ruined my life," his expression turned extremely sad. "I was in love with her and then some girl named like..Clair, Cara.."

"Clara?"

"Yeah. Her. She told me I needed to break up with her, because she was dating some James guy or something. I didn't believe her. Until I found her myself, on the college campus. I didn't know why she was there. She only goes to the college to see me. And that's when I saw him," his tone is menacing as he talks about James. "They were giggling and kissing and..." he trails off, shaking his head. His elbows are resting on his lnees, his hands dangling down. He drops his head. I turn to John Luke and he takes my hand again. "In the note," Ryan starts again, looking up. "I tried to make it sound like...like it mad my fault and she was going to be heartbroken. When I was the one who had my heart torn into pieces."

"Okay, it's alright. You don't have to talk about her anymore," I tell him, patting his shoulders with my free hand. My hot coffee is resting between my thighs. Ryan looks up at me again.

"You look just like her," he whispers. "You're beautiful."

"Well," my cheeks heat. "Thanks, bu-" before I can finish, Ryan lunges from his chair and grabs my face in his hands. He tugs my face towards his until our lips meet. My eyes are wide as I snatch my hand from John Luke to shove Ryan away. He doesn't budge. He hold my head in place, shoving his tongue into my mouth.