CHAPTER 8: Fireworks

A couple days had past and it was Friday; the 4th of July. Lovino and Antonio were in a deep sleep after getting back from work. Antonio was so exhausted after work he couldn't walk home, so Lovino let him stay the night. Antonio was on the couch in the beginning, but ended up in Lovino's room. Lovino had noticed when his bed dipped on one side earlier in the morning, but was too tired himself to care. He was cold too, so he didn't mind the extra warmth. It was 2:00pm when Antonio woke up. He lazily opened his eyes and looked at Lovino curled up to him. Antonio smiled and wrapped his arms around the smaller male. 'I don't know how I got in here, but I love the view.' Antonio happily thought while messing with Lovino's hair. Antonio placed a small kiss on his lover's head and got out of bed without waking the other.

Antonio got dressed in his day clothes, wrote a note and headed out. Antonio had a surprise for Lovino and he had to get started on it. An hour later, Lovino woke up to the sun right in his face. He scrunched his face and turned to face the other direction. When he opened his eyes, he saw the note Antonio left. Lovino picked up the letter and read what it had to say.

'Dear Lovi,

I have a surprise for you today, so that's why I left early. When you wake up, get dressed and meet me at the park we saw when we went to the market. Oh, and bring your swimsuit! Can't wait to see you! Te amo!

Love, Antonio'

Lovino set the note down on the nightstand and rubbed the sleep out of his face. "Wonder what he's going to-a do... *sigh* Better get ready..." Lovino got dressed and headed to the park. Lovino arrived to the park and searched for Antonio. He was walking around, watching kids play as he passed them. Lovino had a small smile as he watched the kids play and laugh. He remembered of when him and Feliciano would play like that during the summer. As he was walking and having fun memories, he spotted Antonio sitting on the ground up ahead. Antonio spotted Lovino and got up to run and hug him.

"You finally made it, Lovi~! I thought you were going to sleep all day!" Antonio excitedly said and Lovino blushed.

"I would've woken up sooner if I-a knew you wanted to-a do something..." Lovino pulled away to see Antonio's face and smiled with his eyes closed. Antonio pulled Lovino over to the place he was sitting at earlier and gestured for Lovino to sit on the picnic blanket. There was a picnic basket on the blanket and Antonio grabbed some plates and food from it.

"We're-a having a picnic?"

"¡Sì! It's really nice out today and you're supposed to have picnics on the 4th of July! It's really fun!"

"Haha, I haven't been on a picnic in I don't-a know how many years. I was always either asleep, too busy, or-a over in Italy visiting Nono Roma. This is-a nice though. Grazi, Antonio."