Didn't have the heart

"I struggle with what is real, but the logical side doesn't stop what I feel. And though you're holding your breath to be given a sign your heart cannot be broken in pieces like mine. I just want you to know the reason behind the rhyme. It's not that I didn't have the time, didn't have the love. I just didn't have the strength not to fall apart. It's not that I don't care, it's just I wouldn't dare coz I just don't have the heart...." Didn't have the heart by Debbie Gibson

"It would have been polite to inform me that you'll be coming home today," Theo said as he strolled towards his best friend.

Blaise threw Theo a sheepish look, "Sorry mate, I didn't know you'd come looking for me again."

Theo sat down, "Good thing your elf was informative enough," he huffed.

Blaise chuckled, "So what brings you here?".

"Nothing really, just checking in to see if you're still alive."

He gestured towards himself, "Still alive as you can see," he replied. He leaned back on his seat to stretch his legs, "Enough about me, how have you been?"

Theo shifted on his perch, "Same, been busy with work," he replied. An uncomfortable look crossed Theo's features, "And I went to Malfoy Manor last night to check if Draco's really back."

He kept his face impassive, "Did you see him?"

Theo shook his head, "Yeah, he's there, but then we really didn't have the chance to talk because I had an early meeting this morning so I left."

"I see. Do you have plans on going back any time soon?"

Theo checked his watch; "Today, in a couple of hours, actually."

He took a deep breath, "Want some company?"

"You want to go?" Theo asked with a shocked look.

"I thought about it for awhile and I've realized that I really do need to see that prick, so yes, I would like to go."

Theo studied him for a few seconds before nodding, "I need to run some errands, do you want to meet me somewhere so we could floo together or can I just meet you there?"

"I'll meet you there."

"I'll be on my way then," Theo said as he stood up from his perch. "See you in an hour."

He found himself nodding, "Yeah."

The slipped his hands inside his pockets and turned on his heels to leave.

"Theo?"

"Yeah?"

He cleared his throat, "Do you think Draco would like to see me?"

Theo halted his steps and turned his face towards him, "Why wouldn't he?"

He folded his arms on top of his chest, "You know our situation."

Theo sighed, "Look mate, Draco has been our friend ever since we were in nappies. I don't think he would hate playing catch up with you after four long years of being AWOL."

"If you say so."

"I'm not going to lie, it's going to be awkward, but then you have a lot of good history behind the two of you, it will work out."

"We're still talking about Draco, right? He's one spoiled little bugger," he huffed.

Theo laughed, "Well if he's that way, channel your spoiled brat self too."

He subtly flicked his wrist and sent Theo a stinging hex.

"Hey!"

He chuckled, "That's what you get for calling me spoiled! Get out of here Knott and do your errands! I'll see you in an hour."