23 - All Alone

So the perfect song for this chapter is in the sidebar, :)

Ps: For those Cara lovers, I hope you like this!

_________________________________________

As I walked through the hallways, I heard a lot of things coming out of people’s mouths about me.

            “Why is she even here?”

            “What a whore…”

            “I can’t believe she’s that desperate!”

            “Poor Jace…”

            I just clenched my fists and continued on with my head high. The bell rang and I was still a ways from my next class. With a sigh, I continued walking before I went straight into someone.

            “Sorry!” I muttered and tried to walk past them but they grabbed my arm. I looked up to see the eyes of Sean.

            “Is it true?” He asked in an urging tone. “The video. Is it true? People are saying that you only used Jace to make me jealous.”

            “Jace used me!” He just raised an eyebrow, which said to me that he didn’t believe it. “Yes. I used Jace to make you jealous but he knew—“

            Sean cut me off by pressing his lips to mine.

            I was so surprised that I didn’t shove him away the second they touched. After a few moments, I finally came to my senses and pushed him away from me.

            “What the hell was that for? Just because I wanted revenge, that doesn’t mean that I like you still!”

            “But you were still going along with the whole plan so that means you at least care about me.” When I didn’t say anything, he knew the real answer. “Just what I thought.” Then he left me alone in the middle of the hallway with people that sent me glares every five seconds.

            He was right. I may not like him but I do care about him. Even though he’s done some mad shit, I loved him at one point and you’ll never lose every string with them no matter how hard you try.

            With a huge sigh, I continued to my class and walked in only seconds before the bell rang. Once I was inside, everyone’s eyes went to me. Some looked hurt, others looked pissed, while some looked disgusted. I took a seat in the front row and to the side where no one else was seated and hoped that homeroom would pass by quickly. I felt something lightly hit my back and when I turned around I saw Lauren glaring at me. I was about to turn back around when she nodded toward a paper ball on the ground. While rolling my eyes, I picked it up and read it once it was opened.

            Congratulations, the whole school believes that you’re a lying whore.

            I bit my lip but resisted the urge to turn around and beg for her forgiveness. Please let this school day go by faster…

            Finally the bell rang and I walked to my next class while people purposely bumped into me, saying rude things under their breath as they passed. This time when I walked in, no one was there. I took a seat in the back where—hopefully—no one would bother me. I plan on going through the rest of today with minimal conversation with my peers.

            Then Jace walked in.

            I immediately put my head down and turned bright red from what I told him this morning in the car. Way to go, Peyton. He now knows that you like him. What other things are you going to say without fully thinking through?