13 - Preparations

Thanks everyone that said happy birthday!! I hope you all like this :) Next chapter is the dance!

__________________________________________________

“So why exactly did you come to me?”

            Cara and I were walking through the mall searching for a dress for the dance. There wasn’t a theme so basically I had the freedom to do anything.

            “Because you’re a fashion expert and you’re the only one who knows about Jace and I.”

            She smiled at the compliment I gave her as she brought me into some store with a lot of dresses both in the window and overall. She went through around ten racks and at each she threw me at least five dresses, making me try them on later.

            “So how’s it going with my brother?” She asked me while I tried on yet another dress that I hated. “I haven’t heard much of him these days.”

            “He got suspended,” I said while zipping the back of it. “All because of me…”

            “Ha!” She laughed, “How the hell did he manage that?”

            I didn’t know Cara that well but it wasn’t hard to feel comfortable around her. She’s a nice girl who’s really easy to talk to which beats out half of the American citizens basically. I told her the story of Sean starting with the fight at the party and ending with the… well, the fight on the field. 

            “That’s some tough shit,” She exclaimed before I stepped out in a pink dress that absolutely clashed with my red hair. “Next.”

            I sighed and went to the next dress, a turquoise one that would’ve looked fine if I had my brunette hair back. I stepped out and Cara just shook her head in disapproval again.

            “But why would he do that?” She asked me while I changed again.

            “I don’t know. I have no idea what goes through the male mind.” I scowled as I looked at the next dress on me. I might as well have been a tomato because this was just too much red.

            “You have no idea whatsoever?” She stressed as I walked out earned a scrunched up nose from her signaling that it was a no. “Not even a little guess at least?”

            I started searching through all the dresses hoping to find one that I liked, “Well… I was thinking that since I’m his best friend’s little sister maybe he wants to look after me.”

            My eyes rested on a very light blue dress. I wouldn’t have even thought once about wearing it when I was with Sean but for some reason it was calling to me. I shrugged and started putting it on.

            “You two are so difficult…” I heard Cara groan to herself. I ignored her as I pulled it on and looked at myself in the mirror, smiling for once.

            “I don’t even know why he went through all the trouble to ask me so… ostentatiously. I’m his fake girlfriend, not real!”

            I stepped out and her eyes widened. She looked up with a huge smile indicating that she liked it as much as I did.  I inspected it and it would even be good for the dance that we’re going to be doing.

            “That’s it,” she told me. I paid for it and we walked out of the store in happiness.

            “To top it off, I have to do a routine at this dance while in a dress. I’m kind of nervous because it’s not my kind of… moves.”