20 - The Truth Hurts

A very sexy Jace in the sidebar :)

____________________________________

“Wait, I didn’t—“

            “Peyton…” Dillon said in a confused voice. “What the hell do you mean that you and Jace have a ‘fake’ relationship?”

            I bit my lip then decided what to do. I burst out while fake laughing then wiped a fake tear from my eye. “Hah! You got me… I was checking out my acting skills because Ms. Sunday said I’m good!” I lied but I knew they didn’t buy it because whenever I lie, I blush. The only reason I’ve made it this far with Jace is because I actually have—little—feelings for him.

            “Cut the shit! You’re the worst liar in history, Peyton,” Dillon stomped over to me and grabbed my arm. I tried to pull away but he wouldn’t budge. “What the hell is going on?”

            I felt my eyes welling up with tears because Dillon has never been this mean to me before. The fun-loving brother that I’m used to has vanished into this angry one that I brought out.

            Queue everything falling apart…

            “I wanted to get revenge on Sean so I started a fake relationship with Jace!” I gasped out then Dillon’s grip on my arm left and I felt the pain as the blood rushed back to its spot.

            “Is this true?” Dillon turned to Jace now. I snuck a little peek at Lauren whose mouth was opening and closing like a fish because she didn’t know what to say.

            “Dude—“

            “Is it true?” Dillon yelled now at Jace who looked down and nodded. “Whose idea was this?”

            “Mine,” Jace and I said at the same time. I looked at him and I remember how when this whole thing started, the last thing that I wanted to happen was have Jace and Dillon not be friends after this.

            “It was my idea,” Jace stared at me. “In the summer, I asked her why she didn’t get revenge on Sean and I put the idea in her head.”

            “It might’ve been your idea but I’m the one who asked if Jace would be my fake boyfriend. Don’t blame him when this is all my fault!”

            Jace sent me a warning look, “Peyton… It’s my fault.”

            In a split second, Dillon was in Jace’s face and if this were a cartoon there would’ve been steam coming out of his ears from how infuriated he was right now. “Why did you do this? Did you just want to get a piece of Peyton?”

            Jace turned defensive. “No! I would never take advantage of her—“

            “Then why the hell did you go along with this?” My brother screamed at his best friend. “I sincerely thought that you two were perfect for each other and that you had found a girl that made you happy but it was all fake?” Dillon punched the wall behind Jace then turned to me. “And what about you, Peyton? You got revenge on Sean weeks ago because it’s obvious in his expression so why would you continue this? Do you feel alone and you need someone to comfort you? Or how about a fuck buddy—“

            “Dillon!” I yelled while tears fell down my face. “This is exactly why we didn’t tell you. You’d overreact! Please, please understand that we never did anything farther than kiss. We were only going to have this go on for a few months then split up without any problems!” I looked at him like I had when I was younger and he was my idol. “Dillon, I’m still your little sister.”