.:Ready or Not:. Chap 11

My heart skipped a beat, and I quickly retreated behind the bushes.

"Did you guys hear that?" I turned to them. They all looked stunned, so I was guessing they had.

"We better stay away from her as much as possible," said Ned, stating the obvious. I peeked through the bushes just in time to see Heavenly strangle Brent, who immediatley went limp. She then walked away, leaving them there. They were obvoiusly not going to survive.

"Shouldn't we help them?" asked Elle.

"No, because they will probably attack us as soon as we do." I said. Ned nodded in agreement. We slowly backed away, and as we got out of earshot, we broke into a sprint. After what seemed like an hour of running, we stopped.

"Gosh, it would really help if we had a map." said Ned. Elle and I exchanged nervous glances, but I nodded.

"Well, Ned, Elle and I trust you so we're going to tell you something. We both got special backpacks with extra things in them, including two maps. We didn't want to tell you because we didn't trust you before. But I suppose you're okay." I gave him a nervous smile. He smiled back.

"Well then let's take a look."

We examined the maps. It looked like we were on the east side of the island, near the ocean, so we decided to set up camp. I took a rain poncho out of my backpack and nailed it to the ground. I put a long stick in the middle to make a small tent. Ned and Elle did the same, so we all had induvidual tents.

Just then a rabbit went by. I acted on instinct and took out my knife. It didn't move. I winced at the thought of stabbing this poor little creature, but I had to do it.

I lunged at the small rabbit and stabbed it in the head. It made a horrible crunching noise. I couldn't bear the sight and looked away, so Ned walked over and took the rabbit away. He came back a few minutes later with a skinned rabbit, and it looked horrible. I almost fainted.We started a fire with some fire starters and cooked the little guy, and had a wonderful dinner of rabbit and dried fruit.

We set up our little tents as miniature beds and went to sleep, but I couldn't rest. I was too busy thinking of what I had done over the course of this long day. I had killed a person. I ran that thought over again in my head. I killed a person. I wanted to cry, thinking that I was a murderer. But somehow it just felt right, like the stupid game show people had brainwashed us, turned us into murdering cannibals. I turned over on my side, and rested, waited for another day.

___________________________________________________________________

Ok here is another SHORT chapter because im sad i didnt get 90 votes :( haha no its ok.

but can i get 95 votes overall for this next time? Please? :)

<3 you all thanks