Chapter 8 - "Awww Cole's gonna miss me!"

I woke up in the morning englufed in Cole, I smiled to myself remembering how sweet he was last night.

Then I realised, I'd have to go back home. Just a few more shifts Summer, then you can book a flight to go stay with your Dad for abit...

I slowly unravelled myself out of Cole's grip and went into the bathroom, I stared at my reflection for a good 10 minutes trying to get my head around what happened last night.

Who even was that guy? I would love to get my hands on him now, because I would mess his fucking face up.

My eye stook out like a sore thumb, it was a mixture of purple, yellow and blue. It look horrible, I looked horrible there was a bruise on my cheek also. Tears formed in my eyes, why the heck am I crying? Probably because I've never felt so friggin ugly in my life.

I attempted to touch my bruise for some odd reason but flinched straight away. I checked the time, it was already 11am and my shift was at 12, shit!

I guess I could have a shower here to save me spending anymore time at home, I just needed to pick my uniform up from there and that'd be it. I hoped into the shower and let the warm water patter on my back, face and hair.

I stepped out and borrowed Mollies toothbrush, this is what best friends are for!

I put back on my clothes from yesterday but borrowed a top since mine had blood splotches on and went into the other room to dry my hair.

The boff was back! I looked in the mirror and my view was already taken over by my hair being extremely frizzy today.

"Wow your hair is mad" Cole laughed

I smiled at him in the mirror and he came and sat on the bed behind me.

"How's your eye?" He asked

"Hurting" I muttered

"So, are you going to tell me how it happened yet or am I going to have to keep pestering you?" He asked

"Cole, it was nothing. It's over and done with, it's fine" I sighed while heading for the door

Sadly he got there before me and stood infront of it.

"No Summer, it's not fine. I'm not having someone hitting you and you letting them get away with it" He growled

I had never saw this side of Cole before and it was actually kind of scaring me, why did it mean so much to him? Why did he care so much about me?

"My Mom brought someone home last night and he hit me ok?" I quickly explained

"What, a fucking guy hit you?" He spoke getting angrier

I nodded

"Fucking douche bag why!?" He shouted

"Cole please calm down" I muttered

"I'm sorry, why did he hit you?" He calmly asked

"We were just arguing, then next minute, bam in my face. They were both pretty drunk though..."

"Your Mom was drunk?" He asked

Well I guess it's all coming out tonight.

"Yeah, my Mom drinks all the time, that's why I couldn't come Mollies last night, I had too look after the house since she doesn't, I have to work over time at work since she never pays the bills, I have to put up with the guys she brings home, but not anymore" I muttered

He stood there with shock written all over his face, why did I just tell him all that? He could ruin my life in an instant!

"I'm sorry Summer I had no idea..."

"Don't tell anyone" I begged immediatley regretting telling him everything

"I won't I promise" He smiled

I smiled back

"What did you mean 'but not anymore' though?" He asked

"I think I'm going to live with my Dad in Australia" I sighed

"What? You're going to Australia? Summer you can't!" He begged

"Why?" I asked

Why couldn't I? It's not like I even mean anything to him, so why was he so bothered about it all?

"I mean, everyone will miss you" He muttered

"Awww Cole's gonna miss me!" I smiled

Redness sprouted onto his cheeks as he smiled at the ground, he really was so cute.

"Shut up, where are you going anyway?" He asked

"I've got work in half an hour, I need to go back home and get my uniform, this is going to be fun" I sighed

"I'm coming" He spoke while getting his keys

"Cole you don't have too" I protested

"I'm not letting you go back there on your own, c'mon I'll drive you too work"

We made our way downstairs to everyone who was still asleep in the living room, since Mollie has looks like she can kill in the morning, we decided just to leave them a note. I could already imagine her face when she see's the words 'took Summer to work'

We got into his car and drove to my house, I can't believe a guy I barely even know is being let into my home, a home I won't even let people who I know for years come into. There must be something special about this one.

"You ready?" Cole asked

I nodded and we both walked up to my door, please Mom please do not be drunk, please don't embarass me.

We entered and there was my Mom on the couch with her head in her hands, probably drunk.

"Oh Summer darling" She begged

"Get the fuck away from me!" I whined

"Please listen to me!" She begged

"I don't want anything to do with you! Look what you did to me!" I shouted pointing to my face

"I know and I'm so so sorry please-"

"Save it, I'm going work" I spoke

Cole must have felt so damn awkward then, but I couldn't help but blow at her. How the heck does she think I can forgive her after everything she's put me through?! No, it's not as simple as that.

He immediatley dived onto my bed and I shook my head laughing.

"How long has she been like that?" He asked

"About 2 years now, after my parents divorced" I muttered

"You're welcome to stay at mine anytime Summer" He spoke

Oh yeah he'd love that wouldn't he? Imagine the looks I'd get off people in school, they'd end up thinking he was paying me for sex!

I turned around and raised an eyebrow at him, although his face was serious.

"I don't mean like that dammit, I'm just trying to help you out, the offers always there" He smiled

"Thanks Cole" I smiled back

Why the heck was he being so nice to me?

I didn't have time to think about this, I got changed into my uniform and me and Cole made our way downstairs before another speech off my Mom.

"Please just listen-"

I slammed the door and we both got into his car, just a few more shifts Summer, that's all.