11

Beyoncé

Everyone's eyes were on me, and all this while I was contemplating on what to say. Do I tell the truth or do I just deny everything and move on ? But come to think of it I've done too much of that in the past and look where it got me.

"Well Bey ?" Kelly said obviously waiting for me to say something

"Yes Shawn that's your child"

"Wait so Tia's my sister ?" Normani asked looking at me before I could say anything Solo walked in and looked at us suspiciously

"Did I miss something ?" She asked looking at each one of us

"Bey was just telling us about how Tia  happens to be my baby" Shawn said never taking his eyes off me.

"Tia, Mani go play in the game room babies" Solo said they left without even questioning."Now lets all go and sit down and talk this thing out" We all follow her to the lounge I sat next to her and Kelly sat next to Shawn across from us.

"How is she my baby Beyonce when she's like the same age as Normani that's impossible" Shawn said as soon as we were seated

"Yeah she is, but only a year older than her, I found out two months after I left that I was pregnant"

"So you didn't bother to tell me ?" Before I could even open my mouth there are was another knock on the door. Solo went to get It and it was my cousin Angie and a bunch of other old friends, there was like 12 of them.

"Bitch this surprise you have better be good" I heard Her say before she turned to face me and screamed like it was nobody's business, I chuckled silently typical Angie, some things never change.

"OMG BEYONCÉ IS THAT REALLY YOU ?" She ran and squeezed the life out of me. I was actually glad that they came and interrupted the little confrontation we was having

"Solo why didn't you just tell me that Bey was gon be here?" She asked turning to her

"that's the whole point of a surprise Angie"

"Whatever bitch" we all laughed at her crazy self

"some things never change" I said shaking my head

"Girl u should know that ain't no way Angie gonna change this I me baby"

"True that"

As the evening proceeded people kept arriving I didn't know that Solo had invited almost our whole high school friends. Some I didn't even know anymore. Now I was the centre of the attention, everyone wanted to talk to me. As soon as I got some alone time I quickly snicked out to catch a breather out side I went to chill by the swimming pool. I don't know how she saw me but Tia came and sat next to me playing with my fingers.

"So Mani's father is really my father?" She asked quietly

"Yes that's your father baby" I brought her closer and she laid her head on my lap and I played with her hair.

"But how ? I thought you and Mani's mom were best friends" she said and I looked at her like she was crazy

"Girl I don't even know who that girl's mother is" I said rolling my eyes. come to think of it, I really never got the chance to ask who the girl's mother is.

"Her mama is Ms Kelly your childhood best friend mommy"

Now that came as a surprise yet explained a lot of things, like when I asked Kelly about having a child she told me that her name was Normani, and the way she looked when she talked about her and how she arrived with Shawn this afternoon and mostly it explained why she's been giving me a cold shoulder throughout this evening.