24

"I just ran away!" I cried. "I don't know why I just ran away!" I fell onto my knees, my face in my hands, sobbing.

"What happened?" Bella asked. I felt her hands on my shoulders.

"He asked me and I just bolted! I left him standing there and I'm such a bitch!" I yelled.

Bella lifted my face with her hands and looked at me for a minute.

"I'm a bitch," I cried. "I was a bitch to Seamus and to Draco and now to Neville!"

Then Bella did something I thought she would never do. She slapped me. Hard. Right across the face.

"What was that for!" I yelled, cupping my cheek with my hand.

"Get yourself together!" she exclaimed. "I'm getting sick and tired of it! Your whole life revolves around guys! It's sick! All you do is cry and feel sorry for yourself! Well, you know what!? You're not the only one going through a hard time! When was the last time you asked me how I was feeling, and not based on the fact that I was pregnant? When was the last time you asked me how my family was!? Get! A! Grip!"

Bella stormed down the stairs from our dormitory and I wiped my eyes. I ran down the stairs after her. I asked the first person I saw. Seamus.

"Seamus! Where's Bella?" I asked.

"I..I don't know whether I should tell you," he said.

"Where the hell is she!" I exclaimed.

"She ran to the hospital wing," he replied. I started to go, to run after her when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Let me go, Seamus!" I exclaimed.

"I can't, Aly," he said. "Bella doesn't want to see you right now."

"And why is that!?" I asked. "She's my best friend!" Seamus let go of me and held my face with his hands.

"You just can't see her right now," he said, I felt my body go limb. "Aly...both her parents were killed. The shock of it made her lose the baby, too."

"How do you know about that!" I screamed, I started struggling again and his arms wrapped around my waist again. "You're lying! You're lying! I know you're lying!"

"Aly!" Seamus said, using the same tone I was.

"You're a liar! You're all liars! And I h-"

Seamus pulled my head into the crook of his neck, shutting out my words. I felt his hand tangling through my hair and I gave up trying to struggle. I just stood there and cried in his arms.

"Aly, you're fine," he whispered. "Do you want to go and talk to her?"

"I...I...don't think I can," I replied.

"Alright. You can go when you're ready." I sniffled and pulled out his arms. I walked quietly up to my dormitory, trying to ponder all that was going on, all that had just happened.

Bella was right. My life was way to revolved around boys. I wasn't focused anymore, and I wasn't spending time with my friends as much I should've been. I hadn't asked about her, other then how she was feeling with the baby.

But there wasn't a baby. Not anymore at least. It was gone, along with her family. I wiped my eyes and sighed.

"I've been so stupid," I said softly.

Of course, Bella could have said something. I guess she just didn't want to ruin my days, or my nights. While I was out with Neville she was probably mourning her parents and her lost baby alongside Damon. She had probably told Rachel. That was a whole other kind of pain though, and I knew I deserved it.

I hadn't been there for Bella when she needed me most, so she went to her other friend. Our other friend. Rachel was great...but she hadn't been our friend for five years. She couldn't tell that something was wrong by looking at the other person, that they liked someone, how they were feeling...I hadn't been a very good friend.

I hadn't noticed the signs Bella had been sending me, begging me to ask her what was wrong. But I hadn't gotten the message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took a deep breath before I walked out of the bathroom. I wasn't ready to talk to Bella. When she had come back last night I had pretended to be asleep and she didn't even talk to me to see if I really was.

I saw her laying on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. I walked over and sat down next to her.

"Bella," I said, "we need to talk. I think we've needed to talk for awhile."

Bella remained silent, staring at the ceiling.

"Seamus told me," I said softly.

"What, you going to start flirting with him now to take it off your mind?" she asked. Her tone was harsha and it made me cringe slightly.

"He's only a friend," I said firmly, "and I don't want to talk about him."

She remained silent again, but I could tell she was listening.

"When did it happen?" My voice came out in a squeak.

"Two days before the Quidditch Match," she replied.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"You brought up the baby a few times...but I wanted you to ask about my family before I told you," she replied. "I hated lying to you." I ran my fingers through my hair.

"What about Damon?" Bella's eyes glanced over at me before glancing back at the ceiling.

"I broke it off with him," she replied. "But I don't want to talk about him." I looked down at the floor.

"When?"

"About two days ago," she replied. "But I don't want to talk about it."

"I figured out what I'm going to tell Neville."

"What is that?"

"I'm going to tell him no, that I want to go back to just being friends," I replied. "If me hanging around boys is going to mess up my relationship with my best friend, I won't hang around them. I wouldn't lose you for anything."

"You realize this could be your only chance with him?"

"Yeah, but no guy is worth losing my best friend over, or ruining the good friendship I have with the guy," I replied.

"I love you," Bella muttered.

"Dear god, I love you more!" I exclaimed. I wrapped my arms around her, laying my head on her chest.

"Not possible," Bella replied. "Never."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aly to the side ->

Next chapter: Christmas!

So, that's not what you expected, huh? Well, more unexpected things and myteries coming up! :)

I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget about the vote button up there and the comment button below!

Thank you! :D