06

I was surprised when a young Gryffindor ran up to be with a scroll. It was from Dumbledore.

Miss Weasley,

I would like if you would come down to my office at eight o'clock sharp this evening. Thank you.

Professor Dumbledore

P.S. I really like Licorice Wands

The note gave me a sense of urgency and I suddenly wanted the day day to pass a lot faster as I made my way to Potions with Professor Slughorn. I wasn't good at Potions. End of story. I was terrible at them. I took a seat next to Bella and rose my hand, waiting for Slughorn to call on me.

"Yes, my dear?" he asked.

"Could I ask you something?" I asked.

"Yes, of course," he said. "What is it?" I stood up from my chair and went over to him.

"I was thinking about what you said the other day, about me getting a tutor, and I think that's a great idea," I explained. "I really just don't understand Potions at all."

"Of course," he said. "I'll put you with a student one year older then you," he said. "Let's see...Top of the class is Mr. Potter."

"Harry?" I asked. "Yes, me and Harry are friends."

"I'm afraid I won't be able to let you study with him, my dear," Slughorn said. "He's been rather busy and you know he's been having detention lately. I'm not sure he'll be able to fit it into his schedule. I've also had reports that he's not a very good teacher." I laughed.

"Very well," I said smiling. "Who then?" Slughorn scribbled down a name onto a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"I think you know him," he said. I went and sat down, stuffing the name into my pocket so I could pay attention. I could look at it later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared down at the piece of paper while walking up to Dumbledore's office. I had completely forgotten about the tutoring and now I was wishing I had looked at it in the classroom.

I had to be mistaken. No, it was clearly written. In neat, big letter were the two words, one name, eleven letters.

Draco Malfoy

Blimey, and didn't even know he was good at Potions. I mean, what am I supposed to do? Hey, I want to be friends again even though I treated you like a bitch, and my family and friends want to cut your throat. Yeah...that's go well. Besides, I didn't want to be friends with him. He was just going to be my tutor. For academic purposes. Ron would understand that this was completely against my will.

I had changed into a skirt and a blouse with heart on it, along with some flats.

"Licorice Wands," I said to the gargoyles and they jump aside, allowing me to run past and up the stairs. I don't stop to listen before I open the door and I'm surprised to see someone else in the room talking to Dumbledore. It was Harry.

"I think that's possible," he was saying. Both him and Dumbledore turn to look at me. "Well, bye, Professor." He waves at me as he passes and closes the large door behind him.

"What was Harry doing here?" I asked.

"Miss Weasley, I'm so glad you could make it," he said. "Harry was here do to some secret business, like ours."

"I see," I murmur. "What exactly are we going to be doing, Professor?"

"I want to talk to you," Dumbledore replied. He sat down behind his desk and motioned to one of the seats across from it. I sat down. "It's about the job I gave you," he said, "with Mr. Malfoy. I suspect you are still in contact with him."