23

Slughorn's Christmas Party.

Was I excited? Sure, why not. Who was I going with? Neville, of course. Did I want to go? Yeah, I guess.

I was nervous as I look at the dress I was wearing in the mirror. Navy blue silk covered with black lacy fabric. Sparkly high heels. I was kind of nervous about wearing these heels because they were higher then anything I had worn before. I had chosen these because my other choice was a pair of flats and I didn't want to look like a dwarf next to Neville.

I hated being short.

"You'll be fine," Bella said.

"I wish I had invited you to come," I said. "I'm starting to feel sick."

"Why?"

"I'm just nervous," I replied. Bella laughed.

"About what?" she asked. "There's nothing for you to worry about."

"I guess," I said. Bella took my hand and started to lead me down the stairs. We stopped before the turn.

"Okay, so don't eat to much, your breath will smell bad. And don't stay out to late," Bella warned. "Oh! And don't do the dirty!"

"Bella!" I exclaimed, my cheeks glowing. "First of all, I would never! And second, says the pregnant girl." I whispered the second part and Bella glared at me.

"Whatever," she said. "Just trying to help." I turned swiftly to walk down the steps but ended up losing my balance and falling the rest of my way down the stair, landing flat on my face at the bottom.

Laughter erupted throughout the Common Room and a sat up quickly, pulling my dress down so no one would see anything. I saw a hand reach down to me. I took it.

"Thank you, Seamus," I said quickly. I looked down at my shoes and noticed one of the heels had broken. "Crap," I muttered.

"Here," Bella came rushing down the stairs with the flats in her hand. I hesitantly took them and put them on, taking the broken heels off and handing them to Bella. I looked up at Seamus.

"Damn, I liked being taller then you," I mumbled.

"I'm taller then him," Bella said.

"Shut up," I huffed. "It's not my fault I'm short."

"I actually like it better when I can look down at you," Seamus said. "It makes me fell tall."

"Don't flatter yourself," I growled.

"Aly?" I turned at Neville's voice. "Are you okay? I heard some commotion. You didn't fall did you?"

"No. Absolutely not," I said firmly as Bella and Seamus burst out laughing behind me. "Seamus did."

"I did not!" Seamus exclaimed.

"See, he's in denial," I said. "Let's go." I grabbed Neville's arm and pretty much dragged him out of the Common Room.

"Is everything okay?" he asked.

"Splendid," I replied, looking up at him as we made our way to where the party would be held.

"You don't have to be sarcastic, Aly," Neville said and stopped walking. I turned around to face him, a few steps in front of him. "I'm just trying to help," he said.

"I..." my voice failed and I let my eyes find the floor.

"I don't want us to argue over something stupid," he said.

"I don't want us to either," I said. "I'm sorry. I was being immature."

Neville nodded his head and I reached out and took his hand in mine.