19| Stay... ***Adult Content***

He kissed her slowly. Deeply. Until a hum purred through her body, vibrating straight through to his soul. Only then, did he let her slide down his front, savouring every ripple and hollow and curve on the journey.

Holy mother of God, the man was breathtaking. Mind a muddled mess, Alyssa prayed her legs would hold her as her feet touched the ground. Ethan's lips slid across her throat, his teeth nipping along her jaw and all she could think was more. More, more and more.

Now.

Impatiently, her hands slid around his waist, dove beneath his shirt wanting to find him. Explore him. But Ethan stepped away, his gaze hot and predatory.

"Take the dress off," he said. Sitting down on the edge of the bed and hands braced on his thighs. "Or I'll do it. And I can't promise there'll be much of a dress left when I'm finished."

A wicked thrill raced through her at this unexpected shift in his moods. The quick shock of aggressive possession against the door now gave way to controlled patience she hadn't expected from him. The man was so mercurial and she loved how he threw her off balance.

Knowing there hadn't been a lot of time, Claire, Jenelle and Eva had set to work, transforming her and laying out the game plan. While the choice of outfit had been all Jenelle's doing, but the playful gambit to make Ethan jealous—that bit of genius was all Alyssa's own doing and right now she celebrated the triumph.

When Ethan had first showed up at her door, barely a minute to spare from Jenelle's estimation, Alyssa had to employ every ounce of restraint she possessed to keep her face neutral at the way his eyes snapped to her body. Scoring up from her ankles to her face. The man had vibrated with temper and lust and all kinds of rage that she wanted to channel in to wild, reckless sex.

Alyssa knew she had an incredible body. Knew what she could do with it. Playing with the angles and curves as she slowly worked the dress off her body in tantalizing, teasing display of female sensuality.

She wore a black number with intricate gold and silver detailing with subtle hints of skin beneath. Something empowering about knowing that underneath her clothes was a sexy little secret. Made her feel powerful. Desirable. Feminine. All the things that cancer had stripped away from her she had wrenched back.

But nothing came close to gleam in his eyes, watching her, devouring her or the shock of pleasure and lust as he reached for her hand and pulled her onto his lap. Thighs spread, she straddled him, his hands sliding around her hips, fingers biting into her supple flesh.

His tongue flicked across the dimple of her throat, grazing over skin and stone as he'd imagined doing the moment he'd clapped eyes on her dancing on the beach.

"When I first saw this...it almost drove me mad."

Alyssa struggled to concentrate, her eyes crossing. That mouth. Those hands. Good God. "Really?"

"Yes. Sexy as hell. Every time I look at it I want to rip your clothes off."

"Speaking of clothes," she panted. "Off. Now."

In swift, unexpected movement he rolled them over, bringing her onto her back with his body poised between her legs. Over her, Ethan worked off his shirt, tossed it aside and God, she almost whimpered at the sight of his body.

Hard. Sculpted. Male perfection. She'd had teasing hints and glimpses in the gym with him all sweaty. Or last night as they danced and she'd gotten close enough to run her hands across his shoulders and chest. But everything she imagined was eclipsed by this reality.

Ethan Davies was flawless.

And now, under his hot, piercing gaze she was anxious. Nervous. As it now dawned on her this was going to be the first man to see her since....well, since. That kind of made it a big deal. More so as Ethan didn't have a clue about what he was about to uncover. And that made her incredibly self-conscious. Insecure.