Author's Note

Hello ladies and gents.

With the Top10 Announcement for SYTYCW15 imminent, I thought it was time to share Book Two to follow Out of Focus. Healing Haven is all about looking ahead--beyond, (in this case we're talking about life/the future), something Alyssa Sloane struggles with.

As I was mid-way through the panicked rush of trying to pump out the first draft for Out of Focus, I got to thinking: what is Alyssa's story?

For those of you whom have read, you'll probably recall that Alyssa is Eva's twin sister -- the one she was forced to leave behind without word or warning.

Imagine that.

One day your sister is in your life, and the next - poof, gone. And what's worse is no one will tell you what happened or why she was taken away.

So I got to thinking about what that must have been like for her. How traumatizing and lonely.

As Eva once reflected, losing a sibling is devastating enough. But there's something brutally unnatural about separating twins.

So stay tuned because I'm about to dive in and find out who is Alyssa Sloane. And what are her secrets?

Ethan Davies is Marshall's eldest brother, the head of the brood of seven kids. He's quiet, patient. Still waters run deep with this one. As the head of Haven's police department in Salt Springs, I'm interested to see what sort of match these two will make.

He's a man of morals and principles, for him--looking ahead is the responsible, essential thing to do. Whereas Alyssa's new found wild spontaneity goes against his grain. But you know what they say about the quiet ones, right? ;)

Please keep in mind - all chapters posted are raw first drafts so errors are likely. And while I don't mind you pointing them out, please don't feel the need to become an editor. The book is almost done and revisions will commence shortly. Until then -- I hop le you enjoy.