Part 8: The City Of Esteven

/your p.o.v./

The next morning Juvia woke me up. I grumbled something that I couldn't even understand, and ducked my head under the covers.

"Come on (y/n) you have to get up. We start our mission today." Juvia told me.

"I know I know just five more minutes." I mumbled. The lack of sleep last night was now starting to dawn on me.

"We don't have five minutes the boys are already waiting." She explained and then ripped the blankets away from me.

I shivered, but then reluctantly rolled out of bed, and got ready.

-&-

Gray, Lyon, Juvia, and I had now started our search. Our client had given us the general area he thought the entrance to Esteven might be. It didn't help much though because we still had to search acres of forest.

I yawned as I walked and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. When I looked back up I saw Lyon staring at me. "What?" I asked casually.

"Huh? Oh uh nothing." He replied snapping his gaze away from me.

That is weird. Why is he acting so strange? I thought to myself.

"This is gonna take ages." Gray sighed. "There is so much ground to cover, and we don't even know what the entrance looks like."

"Yes, but we can't loose hope my love." Juvia encouraged him.

"Yeah I guess your right we just gotta keep moving, and search everywhere." He replied.

We continued walking and found nothing, and nothing out of the ordinary happened. We stopped to rest our legs a bit since we had been searching for hours.

"I can't believe we still haven't found even a clue." Lyon complained.

"Yeah well we won't if we keep lounging around. Come on let's get back to it." Gray said and we all stood.

I froze thinking I heard something. It was a voice. A voice I had never heard before, yet it sounded so familiar. Did it... call my name? I shook my head. No I must be imagining things.

"Hey you ok?" Lyon asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

I realized Gray and Juvia were already ahead of us. "Yeah I'm fine." I replied simply and hurried to join them.

It felt like more hours and hours had gone by, an still nothing. It was an understatement that we were all annoyed, tiered, and frustrated.

There it was again! I stopped walking. That voice. I walked towards the source, and came to a large waterfall that fell into a pond. I dug the book out of my bag and pulled it out flipping to a page. The book had an illustration of a beautiful waterfall that flowed into a pond. It was practically identical to the one I was now looking at.

"(Y/n)?!" I heard Gray call, and the rest of the group came up and joined me. "Jeez don't wonder off like that. You nearly gave us a heart attack."

"What did you find?" Lyon asked.

I showed them the comparison, and they seemed shocked, and relieved.

"Good job (y/n)." Gray said approvingly.

"Yeah now we just need to figure out how to actually get in." I replied. I heard the voice again. It came from directly behind the water fall. I put the book back and then started walking into the surprisingly shallow pond and made my way behind the waterfall.