Part 6: Teamwork (gone wrong) part 1

Gray, Juvia, Lyon, and I were making out way to the train station. Master had given us a special mission. There was a special request for ice, and water wizards. Why Lyon was there, I don't know, but I wasn't happy about it.

"Lyon, why did you tag along?" Gray asked the question we all were thinking.

Ha ha I find it funny how forward he is about everything, but then when it comes to his feelings he can't seem to say anything. Not that I'm any different.

"Because I wasn't going to let Juvia be alone with just you to protect her." Lyon answered smugly.

"Uh I'm here to." I said slightly offended.

"Tch Yeah well a child like you isn't gonna be much protection either." Lyon said coldly.

"Would you quit calling me a child! You are such a pompous asshole!" I snapped causing some people in the train station to look, but I didn't care I just stomped my foot and got into the train, handing the conductor my ticket. The others soon followed, and started fighting over who sat next to Juvia.

Yeah and I'm the child. I sighed and pulled Juvia down next to me. She gave me a thanking smile seeming stressed with the 'love triangle'.

Lyon and Gray sat down with their arms crossed.

-&-

Me and Lyon had been arguing pretty much the whole train ride, and it was over such stupid stuff, that I don't my even remember what that stupid stuff was.

We were now getting off the train, and Gray seemed annoyed, while Juvia ended up just in her own little world, watching him.

I swear I'm glad in not in that girls mind. It's probably scary in there.

"We are going to go meet the client, so can you two get along, and act professional for five minutes?" Gray asked looking at us.

"I can but I don't know about her." Lyon replied crossing his arms.

I was going to retaliate, but then sighed. "Whatever let's go."

-&-

The client was an older man. He had a nice house, and it seemed slightly big for only him. He seemed to like books, considering he had walls lined with them. If levy knew she'd be so jealous. I couldn't help, but wonder if there was a dictionary among the many books, because the man spoke with a very educated vocabulary.

"I have to stress the importance that the information I'm about to manifest to you stays secret." He explained.

"Of course sir, we promise that no one else will know." Juvia agreed.

He sat down in the armchair across from the couch we were all sitting on. He sighed and his hands started to tremble, seeming like he was troubled. "There has always been a fear that this could happen, but I'm afraid now the situation is becoming increasingly more dire." He said with a deep breath.

"Please sir, what has become more dire?" I asked him.

"Operation Ekklesia, that's what they call themselves." He said. "and their goal is very extreme."

"What is their goal?" Gray asked.

"There is a old legend...." The man trailed off he got up, and removed a book from the shelf he walked back over, and handed it to me.

"The city of Esteven?" I read the title out loud. "But that's just a fairytale."

"So you've heard of it?" He asked.

"Yes..." I replied, but I looked down sadly remembering how the story was told to me. "a lady I once knew... She told me, and the other children the story almost every night." I shook my head, and pushed back the emotions. "But I don't understand. What does a bedtime story have to do with this ekklesia group?"