Episode 20

Demi's POV-

I sit on the couch sobbing my broken heart out, how can it be him? He looks way too young! My daughters come join me after a few minutes also crying.

"Mom! Adam is dad!" Shanice screams crying a bit.

"I know, I-I spoke to him."  

"What does he mean though?" Mia asks and I sigh.

"I don't know." They sit next to me and I wrap my arms around them, I have no idea what's going to happen now, I don't even know if I believe him.

The week goes by and it's hard, I've done nothing but lounge about while the girls are at school. I've had no contact from Adam or Joe even though I've tried phoning Joe again but there's no answer, Shanice said that Adam hasn't been at school all week. Why does life have to be so complicated? I can't help but wonder what life would be like if I never found out Joe was sleeping around with these different girls, would we still last? I walk upstairs and go under my bed, I pull out my special box that I only know about and take out a bunch of pictures. I've had this box since I was a teenager, I would keep pictures that mean something to me, most being pictures of me and Joe. I glance down at a picture, I think Nick took the picture, Joe has his arms wrapped around me and he's kissing my cheek as I smile and lean back into his chest. My favourite picture of us from one of the first days we got together. I look down at Joe in the picture, he looks exactly like Adam does, I stare at it for ages until I realize that is Adam! He was telling the truth, it was my husband. I look at the clock and see it's 11am, I need to find him as soon as possible. I slip my comfortable shoes on and race down the street to Denise's house, I gently knock on the door but loud enough for anyone to hear. It doesn't take long for the door to open but not to the person I want.

"Hi Denise, is Joe there? I know that Adam is him." I say and she sighs.

"He came back from yours and left, he packed a small drink in a bag and left, I have no idea where, sorry." I sigh and nod.

"Thanks." We have a small chat about what happened then I leave searching for my husband and let me tell you, it's hard in this town. It comes to home time for the girls so I decide to meet them outside school, 6 eyes are better than 2. They run over to me when they notice I'm here and greet me.

"Hi girls." I reply.

"What are you doing here mom?" Mia asks and I sigh. I explain everything and we start searching but no luck, I bet he's left the country. We decide to take a break and get a drink from Starbucks.

"Mom if dad wanted you back, might he be somewhere where you went as teenagers."

"Good idea Shanice. Is there a special place you and dad had when you were teenagers?" Mia asks and I start thinking, we went to Starbucks a lot but we also went to a local cafe where our first kiss was. Then it hits me! The place where both our daughters were conceived, that cave! Shanice was a mistake and I can't lie, the first time we made love we made Shanice and it was in that cave but the second time, I thought it would be nice if both my children would be conceived in the same place.

"Follow me!"