Chapter 13

Jacey's POV
Arriving at the bus station in complete panic I searched through my bag quickly to find my wallet. My heart was beating as if it were clawing to get out of my chest, and I was sweating bullets like I had a fever. Once I found my wallet I asked for a ticket to California. I probably looked like a mad man looking behind my back every second. A few short second later I found that the clerk had been staring at me thus making me more nervous. "Where in California?" He asked. Scrunching up my face in utter confusion I responded "Excuse me?". Chewing his gum in annoyance he retorted "What city in California will you be traveling to so that I can know what ticket to give to you?" It then dawned on me that I hadn't given him a location. "Los Angeles. Please." I said nervously. Typing something into the computer my ticket was being printed in a matter of 2 seconds. "That'll be $80.50" He said lifting up the little door where you slip your payment through. Sliding a 100 dollar bill through the opening I waited for my change "$19.50 is your change enjoy you trip" He said dryly before shutting the door. Spotting my bus right away I hurried over to it knocking on the door holding my ticket out so that the driver can see. "Hello darling! The woman said smiling. "Hi, this is the bus I'm supposed to be on here is my ticket." I said hesitantly. Taking my ticket from my hand she examined it up and down "Okay sweetie your all good go have a seat." She said smiling. I smiled back and took no time at all in choosing a seat. I'm surprised she didn't say anything about Pasta. I was grateful that she hadn't done so.  I'm guessing I was the last to board the bus because she had closed the doors right when I sat down. "Ladies and gentlemen my name is Barbra and I am your driver for the time being. Now I only have 2 rules! She said smiling and looking through the rare view mirror. "Rule number one is that  we have to sing at least one song ever two hours! And rule number two is enjoy the ride!" She stated excitedly. Everyone giggled at how bubbly she was. I liked her, her personality made me smile. "Where going to enjoy this ride" I whispered to Pasta in his little ear.

Daniels POV
Wiping the stray blood from my lips I let the now dead woman fall freely to the ground and out of my grasp. Originally I was only going to drink just enough to make her weak but she had been so mouth watering I couldn't help me self to continue and finish her off. She put up a good fight before she just gave in. Pulling out my phone I called Cuven. "Speak now" He said demandingly. "She's here in Phoenix my Lord." I stated simply. "I'm on my way." Cuven was a good tracker a cocky one at that knowing that he didn't need to know my location he hung up the phone quickly.

Cuvens POV
I had finally got a good lead on my little bride and I was now headed to Phoenix, Arizona. I was going to punish my little lamb once I caught her for running from me. I loved the hunt but I had grown tired of games humans play by running from a fate that was given to them. It wouldn't take me long to get to Phoenix seeing that I am a vampire and we run at inhuman speeds. I was also a good tracker so I could find Daniels location once I got there.

Jacey's POV
We were about an hour and a half into our bus ride and and I started thinking about mom again. I wonder how she was doing. I questioned myself as I stroked Pastas scruffy fur that so badly needed brushing. I smiled at how cute he was when he sleeps. I wanted to call mom but I didn't want to risk getting caught. The thought of getting captured terrified me. Deciding to let those thoughts seep away from my mind I took out my phone and turned on some music I put it on shuffle and Search Lights by Sam Bruno came on. Popping my head phones in I adverted my gaze out the window and smiled. I couldn't wait to see what Los Angeles had in stored for us.