Chapter 12

My father gathered some of his best trackers as promised and we left before dawn. We had a plan to search every state until we found the girl, but I know that this will be an easy hunt. We had search parties from the East Coast of the United States to the West Coast. I vowed to not let her out of my sight as soon as we marry and she would obey my command whether she liked it or not.

We were currently in Pennsylvania questioning residents of our kind and of the human kind they were clueless as to what was going on and I was getting a bit irritated. We left the state of Pennsylvania once we searched every city and we started making our way throughout the rest. State after state we had gone through about eight and still everyone was clueless. We decided to rest for a while until the sun rose. We stayed in my loft in Dallas Texas discussing our plan and making sure everyone knew their part.

We would eventually split up after we searched a few more states together so that we could get through each state and city quicker. But until morning came we rested up for the long search we had ahead of us. I smiled inwardly thinking about my little bride. She was so stupid to run. It'll be harder for her to hide now though because I ordered that posters were to be hung up on every inch of the United States with her face as big as can be.

Closing my eyes I relaxed and cleared my mind from the irritants and frustrations and let my anger seep away. "I'm gonna find you my little darling." I sang. "You shall never run, run, run,again" I sang again.

Jacey's POV
Im in love with Phoenix Arizona it is beautiful. Walking through the streets were so calming and the warm heat never gets old as it kissed my skin. I knew that I couldn't stay here for long, and that I would have to leave in a day or two to keep moving. I was considering putting my happiness over getting caught but mom would be disappointed but even more scared for my life if I got caught. And I was not going to put all this running away to waste.

I started to head back to the motel I was staying at because it was getting a little dark. Walking back I heard a band playing and the music they played was beautiful. I had no choice but to stop and watch for a moment. My heart was content when the guy who played trumpet started his verse of the song. I found myself swaying to the music hypnotized by the drums. I listened to them play for about a half hour loosing track of the time. I peeled myself away from the great musicians and started walking again.
I couldn't wipe the smile from my face thinking about the good music I just heard. A shuffling noise by a close by garbage can knocked me from my giddy girl daze and I looked ahead. Spotting a small black puppy I rushed over to it quickly.

"Hey little one! Why are you in the trash can? Are you hungry?" I asked as if he would respond. I could tell it was a boy. He was so small and timid that if the wind blew he would go right with it. "I'll get you some food don't worry" I said picking him up. It seemed like someone just left him here to starve to death, and that made me sad. No dog should be left on the street in that type of condition. I changed route and headed to the nearest grocery store I could find.

Coven's POV
      We woke up early before the city did and started our search again going through about two states and then splitting up . I was on my own now and I trusted that my men or I would find her within a week. I was heading even more westward. I had been running for about thirty minutes and I was now in the state of Idaho. After I was four hours into Idaho I decided to check the status of some of the trackers. I called Daniel first.
"Any good news?" He asked answering the phone. "No but I was hoping you would have some" I spoke. "Where are you?" I questioned. "In Arizona my lord I have two cities left to search" He responded and with that we ended our call.

Jacey's POV
    I woke up the next morning with Pasta at my side curled in a small little ball. Yes I named my new dog Pasta. It suited him quite well if you ask me. Today was the day I had to leave beautiful Phoenix behind like the memories I left in Maryland, but I'm happy because I have pasta to remind me of the great time I spent here.

Sliding out of bed I did my morning routine with a shower, brushing my teeth, washing my face and my hair. Once I was finished I picked out something comfortable to wear since I would be on a bus for I don't know how many hours. I braided my hair and put on my SnapBack and packed up my belongings. "Today is going to be a long day Past" I huffed petting his head. I fed him good yesterday although he is still skinny I could see that he was becoming healthier and stronger than the previous state I found him in.
Once everything was packed we headed out the door to give the keys back to the front desk and head to the bus station. But I was not prepared for what I saw when I got to the check out office. A guy holding a poster with my face on it .
My heart was beating a million times faster once the lady at the front desk confirmed that I looked familiar and that she had rented a room to me. She sounded sweet but I heard a nervous tent in her voice when the guy asked what room I had been staying in. At this point I didn't care about turning in the keys I grabbed Pasta and ran to the bus station that was 6 blocks away.

Daniels POV

I was now in Phoenix and I had almost searched the entire city but one little area still remained . I stared with a small motel along the strip and questioned the employee who worked the checkout desk. She wasn't to happy about my question asking but I could care less. She started to get a little antsy once I asked what motel room the girl was staying in. "That is none of your business!" She spat.

My patience was running low with this woman and my temper was about to be let known. She was hiding something and I was not going to be kept in the dark for long. I pulled my cell phone out quickly and called Cuven.

"Please tell me you have good news otherwise hang up now!" He said a bit harsh. "I have very good news my lord your bride to be is somewhere in the Phoenix and a little birdie is going to help us by force or willingly. It's her choice" I said looking at the woman who stood behind the counter in terror as my fangs made their appearance.
"I will be there in a few hours don't let her leave your sight!" He demanded. "Trust me I won't." Hanging up the phone I crept my way over to the woman slowly as if she were my pray waiting for me to pounce.
She backed herself into a small corner of the tiny office. I could smell the fear she radiated.
"Please just go!" She yelled
A wicked smile was placed upon my lips and hearing those words.

"Awww but darling the fun hasn't even begun yet!"