Chapter 16

Jacey

       Today was my day off and I couldn't be happier. Pasta and I are spending the entire day together. I felt like we weren't spending as much time with each other because of my work schedule. I put him into daycare so that he wouldn't be by himself all day. We moved to a different motel after I got a job. I figured since I can afford to pay a little more than we would have better. We deserved better. The motel we were at now only costed fifty bucks more, but here we had a kitchen which meant I could cook and wouldn't have to spend money on eating out. This saved us a lot of money down the road, and I was grateful even though this wasn't home. I missed home. I missed mom.

     Not a day went by without me thinking about her. Our communication was severed, as I haven't talked to her in weeks. Is she safe? Where is she? Is she looking for me? Were questions that plagued me day in and day out. Wherever she was I hope she was safe. I was knocked out of my trance when Pasta jumped onto my lap. Could he sense I was overthinking? He was good at picking up my emotions. When I cried he was there, when I laughed so hard my ribs hurt he was there, when I found myself growing a little depressed he was there. Although Pasta and I have known each other for a short bit of time, he has become my best friend. He is helping me get through this time and for that I am forever grateful for him.

     "You ready to go boy?" I asked him excitedly. He barked three times and went to go retrieve his leash. A little trick he taught himself. I was a proud dog mom. I clipped the leash to his collar and made sure I had my wallet and keys.

    "Lets go have some fun." I chirped.

                                    ****

      Pasta and I ate our hearts out a family owned ice cream parlor. I'm not sure what they did to that ice cream to make it so damn good but we would be customers for life. We were currently lounging at a dog beach. not too far from our motel. It was so nice seeing all the dogs running around being happy and free. Days like this made me forget that I was being hunted by some old ass vampire who wants to marry me. Eww. No thanks. The thought of marrying someone who could possibly be over one-hundred made me want to throw up all the ice cream I had earlier.

     I pet Pasta on the head and stood up running towards the water. It was hot and we both needed a cool down. He chased after me as fast as his little legs would allow. When we got closer to the water I let him win. He was wagged his tail with happiness when our feet skimmed the water. I wasn't a strong swimmer. But I wanted to take Pasta in a little further so we took a few more steps into the water where our feet was covered when the waves rolled in. Pasta took this opportunity and rolled on his back to let the water get all over his body. He would definitely need a bath once we got home.

      The rest of our day went by so quickly. The sun was setting so I took this as my sign to get me and Pasta home. It wasn't a far walk from where we were so we took a little bit of extra time to get there. LA was beautiful during the sunset. There weren't many things here that I appreciated but the Californian sunsets were a dream.

                                        ****

Cuven

         Layzul, Emerick, and I were in the lobby of the motel the girl was last seen. We were questioning the hospitality agent about any information he may have of the my little runaway.

         "I don't know where she went. She checked weeks ago with her dog." The agent stammered out. 

         Fear. All I could smell was his fear.

         "I'm sure you have security camera around this dump." I suggested looking him straight in the eyes.

         The clerk nodded his head quickly, sloppily moving towards a door. He waved his hand as a direction telling us to follow him.