Kiko: Net Dramas

Iko looked at the time.

11:55

She smiled to herself and squeezed her hands together tightly. Five more minutes until the next episode of her favorite net drama, Stars and Sacrifice, premiered. In the last episode, Halie, the main character, had sacrificed herself for her true love, Justin, by being a human buffer between him and a bullet. Iko had tried to get Cinder to stay up and watch the show with her, but she had snorted and said it was way too cliché. Iko had protested, saying that it was a very exciting and unpredictable show, but Cinder had decided against it and slept that night instead.

11:56

Iko trembled with excitement. Suddenly, she heard footsteps coming down the hall. She got up from her comfy pink chair and peeked out the door.

It was Liam Kinney. She groaned internally and her shoulders slumped. She close the door before he could bother her. She hopped back into her chair and tossed her blue braids behind her. Then she heard a loud knock. She huffed before shouting, "Come in!" Then she paused before adding, "If you're not Liam Kinney that is." The door opened and she rolled her eyes at the person she wanted to see least. "What do you want Kinney." He glared at her and said, "I want you to shut up so the other guards can finally get some sleep. We can hear your annoying squeals from the other side of the palace."
Iko mentally face palmed. Stupid males don't understand the importance of net dramas. "I'm trying to watch my favorite net drama so would you kindly leave?" Suddenly, Kinney's eyes lit up. "Is it Stars and Sacrifice?" Iko mouth opened widely. "Yes! How'd you know?" Kinney grinned, the hatred for each other gone for a moment. "I love that show!" Iko smiled at his warmly. "Do you want to, you know, watch with me?" She scratched her neck nervously. Kinney's eyes widened in surprise. "If it's okay with you, the sure."

"Okay! Hurry up! It's starting."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Two Weeks Later
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Cinder rubbed her tired eyes lazily. "Where is that troublesome android at?" She muttered, very annoyed. Iko had promised to help Cinder pick out her dress for the Eastern Commonwealth's Peace Ball. She opened the door to the media room quietly. Then she gasped. Iko was sitting in a pink fluffy chair, with Liam Kinney, the person Iko detested the most. It looked like they were cuddling. The netscreen was on, the bright light illuminating their faces. They didn't make and sign of having heard her open the door, so she closed the door very softy and tiptoed back to her room, on the way coming up with ship names.