Cresswell: Song

Cress watched Thorne snore in his sleep amusedly. She had a bit of a smirk on her face while he let out an exceptionally loud noise that sounded like a pig's snort. She never knew he was a snorer. She felt a little bit awkward watching him like a creepy stalker so she started humming to herself. She tapped her fingers to the tune on the nightstand beside the bed. Then her hums turned into words.

"Sweet crescent moon, up I the sky. You sing your song so-"

She was cut off by a grunt from Thorne. He lazily murmured something about killing evil beings, then went back to sleep. Cress let out a breath that she didn't realize that she was holding in, and started singing again. Softer and quieter this time.

"Sweet-"

"Cress, if your going to sing, sing louder so I can fall asleep to your beautiful voice."

She glanced at him in surprise. He was supposed to be asleep. Cress turned a bright shade of red before singing a second era Italian song she had heard on her port.

"E pù ti penso, e più mi manchi, ti vedo coi miei occhi stanchi..."

Thorne blinked once drowsily. He looked at her, confusion and admiration clouding his gaze. "I don't know whether to be amazed or confused."

Cress just giggled at his bafflement. "It's an Italian song."

"What did it mean?"

She just smiled sadly. "It means, the more I think of you, the more I miss you, I see you with my tired eyes. That song reminds me of my father." A tear slipped from her cheek. Thorne wiped the tear with is thumb and kissed her forehead. "Come here." She sat next to him and he wrapped his arm around her. She leaned into his embrace and rested her head on his chest. "You were snoring while you were sleeping." Thorne looked down at her.

"Was not."

"Was too!"

"Well you sleep talk and sing."

Cress's big blue eyes widened. "I don't!"

"Yes you do."

"You rap in the shower!"

Silence.

"Maybe I do....But only sometimes!"

"I literally heard you rap just yesterday. You see Captain, I'm the musically talented one in this relationship, no offense."

Cress looked up at Thorne. He was chuckling a bit but his face was a little bit pink. Cress gasped. Her Captain was blushing?! Thorne looked at her, wondering why she was so surprised. "What's wrong?" Cress grinned cheekily. "You were blushing!" Thorne pursed his lips and attempted to look relaxed. "No I wasn't."

Cress looked at Thorne lovingly. "Sure...but I still love you Captain."

"Love you too Cress."

The couple fell asleep like that, cuddling and smiling.