Preview:

I can feel it. My heart racing inside my chest. I know it's true. If I'm caught.....then it's all over. For the both of us. Me and her. It'll be over.

My legs were burning beneath me. From every aching muscles and every ugly bruises. I kept running although it's clear that I'm running out of breath.

Her face started forming in my mind and I grunted as another bullet shot passed me, nearly hitting my head.

Whoever was shooting was a good aimer.

I came to a sharp halt as my eyes widen at the waterfall before me. I was trapped.

"No where else to run to, mugger." The officer spat. "Now hand over the money while I'm being nice."

I slowly turned around and looked for an escape route. Either I jumped through these trees or I fall to the water.

"Hello officer...." I squinted through the fog at his name tag. "...Riley. You do know it's against the law to shoot someone without a weapon, right?" I smiled, although he probably wouldn't see it considering I'm wearing a black mask right now.

"As long as you're not dead," He smirked, pointing his gun at me.

"Let me tell you somethin'." I muttered, looking to my right. I have to distract him while thinking of an escape route. "Remember that night?....When your wife left you?"

He gritted his teeth and glared at me. "How do you know about that?"

I shrugged. "It's really a pity....when she came to my door that night....asking me to take her." I smirked. "It's sad that her husband of six years couldn't even please her."

He was shaking, I could tell. He had his eyes squeezed tightly together and I took that chance to kick his gun out of his hands.

He cursed as I turned around and ran towards my right, dodging the trees.

"What if she dies?"

Jared's voice rang in my head again. Please wait for me. You have to wait. I'm coming for you.

Suddenly the sound of a gunshot echoed through the air and I gasped as it pierced right into my back.

The last thing on my mind as I fell off the cliff into the deep water was her.

Jessica.