To Hell

Jay woke up in the middle of the night due to Drew crying. Before he could even think to get up, Erin was already in the nursery, calming Drew. Jay turned over and got out of bed. He walked down to the kitchen, getting a cup of coffee. It was three in the morning, but he wasn't that tired. He felt like he had just slept nine hours.

Erin came down and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Jay... What are you doing up so early?" Erin slurred.

"Getting coffee." He laughed.

"Come on, let's go to bed." Erin ordered.

"Nah. I'll be up in a bit. Don't wait up." Jay stated. When he went upstairs be stopped by the nursery and crept in. As be tiptoed across the ground, he noticed Erin sitting in the rocking chair with Drew in her hands. It startled him at first, but it was a sweet surprise.

Jay laughed and then walked over to Erin. He looked at her. She had her eyes halfway open, rocking Drew back and forth. He took Drew and ordered Erin to go to bed.

After a while, he placed Drew in the crib. By then it was almost 4 in the morning. He went back to bed and didn't awake until 9. Luckily, he didn't have work for two more weeks, him being on paternal leave. Erin had twelve weeks, if she wanted it, and she did.

Their routine was normal for those two weeks Jay was off, then that last day it all started to change. For Erin, it got tougher. For Jay, harder to leave.

When Jay got back home he saw no one. He wondered where Drew and Erin were. He looked around, saw signs of a struggle and then bloody foot prints headed out the back. He was trying to hard not to cry.

He followed them and saw Erin in the fetal position, crying. She had blood on her forehead and some oozing out of her leg. There was a giant cut where her knee was.

"What happened!?" Jay asked.

"The man...he, he took Drew, he took our baby!" Erin screamed out.