Before

Just seconds before Erin hit the waters, she opened her eyes. She was asleep, and she never really had the fight with Jay, or never lost her baby. She cried silently, trying so hard not to wake Jay. "Erin, what's wrong?" Jay asked, wiping his eyes.

"Nothing, just a really, really, really bad dream." Erin said, she had never as happy as she had ever been in her life to have such a bad dream. As long as this dream never came true.

"And what was it about?" Jay questioned.

"Nothing you need to worry about, It'd never happen."

"Good, I'm going back to bed, night?"

"Night." Erin responded.

As they woke up the next morning, they greeted each other with a kiss. Quickly, that kiss became a make out session. They then realized the time, and knew they had to go to work, so they quickly got dressed, ate breakfast, and left.

She walked into the district and was happy to see everyone, even if she was on desk duty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

35 weeks pregnant:

"Jay, I was thinking."

"Okay, Erin...what were you thinking?"

"What if there is a decision, between me or the baby? Who gets to live? Me, or it?"

"Both?"

"No, who would you choose?"

"You."

"Don't. Choose the baby, not me, I want it to have a chance at life, I've already lived. So if it comes down to it, choose it, not me."

"Why do you say this?"

"It's just we always, somehow, end up in the hospital, or hurt, or... we just always lose."

"I know we always lose, but at least I won you and this child."

"Yeah, I know. You are just the sweetest husband, Jay Halstead."

"And you are the bestest wife, Erin Lindsay-Halstead."

"Bestest isn't a word..."

"Erin, if I said it, it's true. You are just completely worth making up words for."

"Aww...you are so sweet... I'm glad I married you. I'm glad I love you."

"Me too!" Jay exclaimed. "Although, you never did tell me that dream you had last night...mind telling me now?"

"Sure..." she explained every little detail, and then laughed at how stupid she was, thinking that was real.

"Hey, that's never going to happen." Jay reassured her.

"I know. But I have a secret. I know the gender of the baby. And... you should too."

"Is it a girl. I want a mini Erin..."

"Sorry, Jay, but I'm not telling you!" She teased. "You have to earn it."

"Believe me, I will." He stated.

He finally learned the gender. They were having a boy. A mini Jay. And hopefully, one day, a big brother.

"What should we name him?" Erin asked Jay, whom had been wondering the same thing.

So, comment a name you like. I need some name suggestions, and the that fits perfectly to the story will be. But comments have to be in quick because I'm on a role of updating short stories now, so hurry!