Hurt

How could he? Jay got so angry, so frustrated that he hit her. He hit her in the stomach, accidentally. But he shouldn't have even been that angry. Who knows why he was so angry, but all that matters now, is what he did. It doesn't matter why.

Erin walked into the hotel room, the room Kelly Severide had booked her, and laid on the bed. She cried her eyes out as she pulled out of her parking spot. This was the final straw, the last thing, this was it. They had their troubles, constantly. Problems coming, and them splitting, but their married, it's different now. They can't just break up. They can't. But she was done. And she was pregnant with his child. This wasn't going to work.

She sped up on the highway, and soon was going the speed limit. Her vision blurried, she couldn't see through the tears welled up in her eyes. As she wiped her eyes, she noticed a car coming right at hers, head-on. "Shit!" She swerved to avoid hitting the car, but hit it anyway. She was in her lane, and the accident wasn't her fault, but she felt like she did something wrong, like she caused it. Like her fight with Jay led to this happening.

As she woke up with her car upside down, she tried to move, yet didn't. People crowded as the paramedics pulled the other dude out of his car. His was right-side-up.

Firehouse 51 struggled to pull her out of the car, but was finally able to get her on the gurney.

"Erin, you're going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay." Brett consoled her.

"The baby. Is it---okay?" She asked weakly.

"You're pregnant?" Chili asked.

"Yeah, I guess, I was, still am? I don't know."

"We'll find out for you, don't worry."

At the the hospital, they took an ultrasound. "Do you want to wait for someone?" The doctor asked.

"No, I'm fine." She stated, ready to find out if it was okay.

"Okay, then we'll begin with the heart beat."

The doctor searched for a heartbeat, but sadly didn't find one. "Let me go get your OB/GYN, we'll see if he can confirm something for me." The doctor stated, not telling Erin what was wrong.

"Sure." Erin worriedly agreed. All she could think was that she lost it, that it was her fault, that she was completely disconnected from Jay now. That she had no reason to live, that her happiness had died.

"Hi, Mrs. Halstead." Dr. Jacklin greeted.

"Hey. So what's up. Is everything okay?"

"Let me check." She searched for a heartbeat, and like the doctor before, confirmed the suspicions. "I'm sorry Mrs. Halstead, your baby doesn't have a heart beat, which means it-----" Erin couldn't listen anymore, everything was a blur. This was the only thing that made her happy after the fight with Jay, and now she didn't even have that.

"Okay, can I go now?" Erin asked, ready to get away, ready to leave.

"Yeah. Just sign the discharge papers."

Erin left the hospital and got in her car. She was going to do the thing that she was meant to do in the first place. She just had the timing wrong. She stepped out of her car, and onto the bridge's edge. She called Jay. "Hey, look I'm sorry. I love you. I'm sorry this didn't work out. I can't do anything anymore, I'm a screw up, and I can't take it. I'm done. I'm sorry. I...." She said into his voicemail. As soon as it sent, he listened to it. He pinged her phone, and sent the officers after her. As they pulled up to her car, she looked back. She saw Roman, Burgess, Olinsky, Atwater, Jay, Voight, and Ruzek. She then knew, this was it for her. This was the end. And so she took a step forward and plummeted into the strong waters.