Round 2: Entries

District 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmett Churchill

 (Not submitted this round.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ametrine "Aimee" Gairnéad

 The dress hurts me. 

The lady who got me dressed says its just because of the gems in it and that it's so tight on me that they're digging into my skin. But a voice in my head is doubtful of that and tells me they're trying to hurt me. I start telling the voice to start talking but that only seems to make it angrier because it starts screaming. I scream too and the lady stares at me with wide pink eyes. Why are her eyes pink? It's very scary...

"Ametrine... Please just go stand by your chariot..." The lady sighs and gives me a rather rude shove towards the chariot where the boy from home is already waiting.

"It's Aimee, if you please" I correct her before going to stand next to my district partner. His name escapes my mind at the moment but I know I know it. 

I try to wipe the glitter from my hands on my dress but my palms just slide right off the smooth surface of the gemstones. My dress is similar to the one Diamond wore at the Reaping except its all made of blue diamonds and chest is covered appropriately. Thank God they're not trying to make me into a District 1 slut. Those girls are terrible.  The diamonds dig into my fragile skin painfully and I try not whimper in pain. They couldn't just put me in something comfortable... Even the jeweled flats on my tiny feet are causing me intense pain. The only thing that isn't hurting me is the silver tiara they plied on top of my blonde ringlets. It's super pretty, with ametrine gems set in it. Pretty! I twirl around in giddy circles, not even caring about the pain in my feet at this point. It's a small price to play to be so prettyful!

"You look sparkly, Emmett!" I giggle to my partner. Yes, Emmett. That's his name. He's wearing a tuxedo but all I notice is the sparkles. They just kind of captivate my short attention span. It's beautimous.

"Erm... Thanks." He doesn't sound sure that he was supposed to thank me. I pout; it's rude not to recognize a compliment. Even if I'm the kind of person who compliments everyone.

Realizing that Emmett's not very fun to hang around with, I skip over to the horses on the front of our chariot. They're very pretty horses, with shiny white hair the color of snow. I pat one of their heads affectionately. I love animals. They're not cruel like people. Animals are like me; trapped in their heads, treated like they're stupid, and prone to lashing out when threatened. I pity them more than I pity myself.

"Okay horsies, I'm going to call one of you Aurum after my fiancé and then the other can be Argentum because that's his sister's name and she's the super nicest person ever." I tell the horses with a smile. They might not understand me but I think they do. I hope they do. 

"Ametrine! Get on the damn chariot!" The lady from earlier yells at me in a really mean way and tears full my eyes. I wave bye to my horse friends and tiptoe back to the chariot. Emmett has to help me up on the Chariot because its almost taller than me. But I get on there okay and seconds later, we're rolling onto the road and into the crowds. 

The noise and the colors and the lights overwhelms me. I find myself looking around with wide eyes. Is it possible for there to be so much going on at once? I guess it is. My brain feels dizzier than usual and I sway a bit. Luckily, Emmett catches me by my arm and pulls me back to a standing position. I can't even thank him, I'm just so overwhelmed by all the things going on at once.