Round 1: Entries

District 1: 

Emmett Churchill 

 The Visitors came.  I scream as they wrench me from my parents grasp.  I was forced out of my house, my home.  The Visitors were taking me to go train for the Pheonix Games.  Everyone on or street lined up outside homes, they all watch my family being seperated.  I scream at them to take care of my family and make sure they don't die.  A Visitor looks down at me and calmly says, "Emmett, you ave been chosen for the special honor of being prepared for the Pheonix games, your family and you, yourself should feel honoured."

I sit straight up and gasp awake.  Today is it.  The Reaping.  My Reaping.

This is the day I have been training all my life since that night I was taken away from my family.

I quickly dress in training clothes hoping to make it to the training room so I can clear my head before getting dressed for the Reaping.

After dressing, I sprint down the hall to the stairs and slide down the railing.  

a few minutes later, I have reached the door to the training room.  I quickly get off the railing and walk briskly over to the door open and rip it open.

I hastily grab a bow and walk over to the shooting range and begin firing at a target.  After 10 bull-eyes, I walk from there to knife throwing.

After severaly minutes of working out and training, one of my supervisors walked in and shouted out, "Emmett, go shower and get dressed, you know you have the reaping in three hours," and he walks out.

 I take my time in putting away the bow I had gone back to, and then hurry up the stairs up to my chambers and remove my clothing and head towards my shower. 

After my shower I find a small stack of clothes for me to wear to the reaping and quickly dress.  After dressing, I head down to the dining room and sit down in my seat and begin to eat the food that was sitting in front of me. 

After eating, I head down to the road so that I can walk to the Square where the Reaping Will take place. 

I arrive soon and check in stand with boys that look nervous and around my age.  Seeing their nervousness, I chuckle softly to myself.  They have nothing to worry about, even if their name is drawn, I am to volunteer in their place.

As soon as everyone arrives, Diamond Ray walks out of the District Building.  She is wearing her long silver hair down and has a gown on with the skirt poofed out so it looks like she has very wide hips.  the gown is a soft grey and is shining like it has diamonds, cyristals and rubies on it.  Her face is white like someone took flour and sprinkled it all over her skin and her make-up is bright silver and she looks like a robot placed in a weird gown and sprinkled with flour to look even remotely human.  All in all, Diamond Ray, District 1 Escourt, looks completely ridiculous, but she looks like this every year.

The video which is played every year to remind us of why the Pheonix Games exsist begins to play.  I watch the video along with everyone else in District 1.  I feel my heart beat pick up as the video ends. 

Diamond Ray begins talking and walks over to the ball that holds the females names and snatches a name and quickly reads out a random girl's name and then asks for any volunteers.  I watch as Amiee steps up to take her place and walks up the stage where she waits for me.  Diamond then walks over to the males ball and snatches up a name and reads out a random name.  Then, Diamond asks for any volunteers, such as she did before with the females.  I step out and volunteer and walk up to the stage where i shake Amiee's hand and we walk into the District Building