Until We Meet Again [ Finale ]

And here it is. The epic finale of The Sirius Effect. As I finished writing this, I began to realize that the timeline is kinda squiggly. So don't get mad at me if events don't add up. I'm sorry. It made the story more intense in the way I wrote it.

___________________________________________________________________________

The reception was just as beautiful as the wedding itself, but again, Saphira paid it little heed.

“You looked gorgeous, Saphira,” Lucius commented as he and Narcissa approached the couple.

“Oh yes, gorgeous,” Narcissa agreed as she spotted her sister across the tent.  The pair disappeared into the crowd as Sirius turned to Saphira, grimacing.

“I really hate him,” he admitted in a whisper as Saphira giggled softly.

“Don’t worry. I think everyone does,” she replied. Sirius smirked as he chuckled. Regulus frowned as he appeared in front them.

“Hey! Remember to drink the two other vial in your coat pockets as needed, alright?” He warned as he hugged Saphira.

“I’m going to leave close to the end of this shindig and be back before dawn, ok? I want him gone and you happy,” He ordered before mingling with the other deatheaters close by. Sirius scowled in his little brother’s direction before his attention was diverted to Voldemort. His skin crawled at the mere sight of the wizard who had killed countless muggles in his quest for domination. Saphira followed his line of sight before frowning.

“Sirius, stop that. Regulus worships the ground he walks on, so for tonight, you’d better to,” She warned quietly as the man turned to them. Saphira smiled softly and Sirius followed suit as Voldemort moved to their front.

“I must say it warms my heart to see such purebloods as yourselves get married. This union will only strengthen our cause. You’ve honored both of your families tonight, children,” His cold voice slid over the couple with icy reverence.

“Thank you, My Lord. Your blessings are most appreciated. Regulus and Lucius speak so highly of you. It’s an honor to finally meet you,” Sirius couldn’t tell if Saphira was being truthful, but her words seemed to please the Dark Lord because he smiled wickedly and melted into the crowd. Sirius gagged and Saphira turned to him scowling.

“Honestly, don’t blow this. Regulus worships him, you know,” Saphira chastised easily. Sirius stared at her before smirking.

“But tonight, all I want to do is worship you,” Sirius whispered huskily as he watched a blush spread across his bride’s cheeks. The reception only lasted a couple of hours and then Saphira and Sirius were left alone.

 ________________________________________________________________________________

The polyjuice potion’s effects slowly wore off as Sirius and Saphira found themselves locked in an passionate embrace. Saphira’s dress had been abandoned on the floor several feet away. Sirius’s dress robes were creating a trail from her dress to the bed. As the couple bounced on the surface of the mattress, Saphira is only in a slip and her underwear and Sirius is down to his boxers. Sirius pulled away just long enough to capture the mental picture he would hold onto for the rest of his existence. Saphira’s blonde hair had fallen out of its updo and her golden tresses splayed across the emerald satin pillowcase. Her icy eyes had melted and seemed to swirl with desire, passion, love, and happiness all at once.  She tilted her head to the side as a crooked smile flitted across her porcelain countenance.

“What?” She asked softly as she reached her hands up and gently stroked her lover’s cheek. Sirius smirked as he bent down to capture her lips with his own.