I'm Getting Married?! [Part 1]

"Yeah, well, that's my burden to bear." She muttered darkly as she turned to thrust herself back into the throng of people she was beginning to hate more than anything in the world. Severus watched her in worry. She'd keep pushing herself to try and hide the obvious.

"Are you feeling alright, sister?" Lucius asked as Saphira appeared at his side. Narcissa and Mrs. Malfoy turned to look at Saphira in concern as she nodded with a soft smile.

"I'm fine. Honestly," She answered as they nodded, accepting her answer. Several months passed before Regulus finally noticed his fiancée's depression and her sickly expression.

"Phira, you're sick," He announced one night as he found her bent over a toilet. The wedding was two days from now and he could feel the stress was driving her to the brink. She had no control over the event. His cousins and his mother and hers had been planning it without her opinion. He knew it was driving her mad.

"I'm fine, Reg," She commented as she sat back, wiping her mouth on the back of her sleeve. Regulus frowned as he dropped to his knees beside her.

"Phira, please don't lie to me. I care about you," He mumbled as she scoffed.

"Every girl's dreams of hearing that, Reg. Especially two days before their wedding," She growled in response as Regulus stared at her in surprise. She had rarely been less than content around him for the past year. It was almost like she was accepting her fate and that she was giving up aspirations of being anything more than his wife.

"Saphira, I... I'm not Sirius," He replied quietly as Saphira's entire body froze. Regulus sighed as his eyes met hers. His grey eyes weren't nearly as expressive as Sirius's had been, Saphira noted sullenly.

"I know about how you feel about him, Phi. I always have," He explained as Saphira forced a chuckle.

"And how do I feel about him, Regulus? Tell me how I feel," She remarked sarcastically as Regulus frowned and tucked a stray blonde hair behind her ear.

"You love him, Phira. You always have. Ever since we were little. I've grown up with both of you. Did you think I wouldn't notice?" He replied simply as Saphira stared at him, unsure of how to respond. Regulus took her hands in his and held them there.

"I know you don't love me, but could you grow to love me? Could we grow to love one another?" He asked, uncertainly. Saphira stared at him with slightly parted lips. Her icy blue eyes watered as tears spilled down her cheeks.

"Maybe," She answered softly before letting the sobs wrack her body. Regulus nodded as his face crumpled and he held Saphira against him, letting her sobs shake his body as much as they shook hers.

____________________________________________________________________________

The wedding was everything Mrs. Malfoy and the Black Sisters could ever hope it'd be. Guests filled the seats. All pureblood of course. Children were well behaved. The bridal party was dressed and prepared. No interruptions. No slip-ups. Everything was in place. Everything except the bride. Saphira had locked herself in her room and refused to leave. No amount of threats would make her move.

"Saphira Lea Malfoy, you get out of that room, this instant!" Mrs. Malfoy screeched as she banged on the magicked door. Her husband shook his head as Lucius frowned.

"Saphira, get out," He ordered as Narcissa stomped her foot down, childishly.

"Saphira, you're being selfish! This wedding isn't about you, well you know it!" She announced through the door. Saphira scoffed at the words. The wedding had never been about her. It wasn't about her marriage to the last of the Black lineage. This wedding had always been a way for the Malfoy and Black family to showcase their beliefs and money. The guest-list was full of Deatheaters and Pureblood enthusiasts. The only non-Pureblood allowed was Severus and he was Regulus's best man. Everything from her dress to the cake had been special order and expensive. Saphira stared at her reflection in the mirror and felt disgusted with herself. She didn't believe it when her mother and sister in law had said she looked stunning in the white strapless gown. Her hair had been curled and styled up with a few strands framing her face. Pixie dust had been added to give it an extra glimmer. Sapphires encrusted her jewelry and her hair accessories. The dark circles and sallow complexion had been hidden with magic and covered with make-up. She looked perfect and faked.

"Saphira?" A new voice echoed from outside and Saphira turned to the door in surprise. She knew the voice better than her own. She practically ran across the room to throw open the door. Sirius stood in the doorway, stunned by her appearance. She grabbed his arm and quickly dragged him inside.

"Sirius?" She asked, uncertain that he was actually here. He nodded dumbly. The vision she had been transformed into knocked the wind out of him, even in the dim light. She easily wrapped her arms around his neck and held him in a tight hug. He returned the gesture and crushed her against his chest. Merlin knew he had missed the feel of her in his arms. Even now, almost 4 years after their brief affair, he still dreamed of her.

"What are you doing here? " She questioned, fearing for his life. He was a known blood traitor among the pureblood circles and her entire guest list was bent on killing him and others like him.

"Regulus told me you were sick," He answered softly as he pulled away from her, so his eyes met hers.

"Saphira, you can still walk away from this," He pleaded as she shook her head.

"No, I can't. You don't know who is out there, Sirius. My parents would disown me and then He'd kill me," She replied quietly as tears welled in her eyes. Sirius frowned as he swept his thumb across her cheeks, savoring the feel of her skin against his.

"Saphira, I love you," He whispered as he leaned his forehead against hers. Saphira giggled softly as she let a genuine smile cross her features.

"I love you," She replied in an equal whisper. She pressed her lips against his.