Chapter 2

Ashley's POV

I woke up this morning and decided I would just spend the day in the apartment watching movies. I never left the couch the whole day. It wasn't until around 6 that I decided I needed to make plans for dinner. I called up this Chinese restaurant and ordered my usual.

Around 20 minutes late I grabbed my board and rode to the Chinese place. I heard the bell hanging from the door ring as I opened it. I walked up to the counter and told them my name.

"Ashley Greene." I told them and they just nodded and looked at the ready bags at the counter. After the 2nd one, the man found mine and handed it to me. I gave him the money and started to walk out the door when I saw a group of 3 boys walk in. And of course, Drew had to be one of them. Was he like stalking me or something?

Drew's POV

The boys and I decided to order Chinese food so we all got in Wes's car and drove to the Chinese restaurant. As we were walking in, I saw the girl. She was holding her bag of food and just glared at me.

"Dude is that her?" I heard Wes whisper into my ear. I just nodded and took a step forward.

"Hey again." I say and she takes a step back. It's as if she's afraid of me.

"I'm going to go before my food gets cold." She walks her way around us and once she is out the door I yell after her.

"Will you please just tell me your name?" I scream at her. Not in a mean way but so she can hear me.

"Ashley! Okay?! My name is Ashley! Now will you leave me alone?" She yells back and rides off. Ashley.

Ashley's POV

Why do I keep running into that Drew kid? Why is he so interested in me anyways? I'm nothing special. In fact, I'm fucked up. When I was in middle school and in through high school, I would cut. I was bullied. Really bad. To make it worse, my dad abused me. He would hit me and kick me... he even raped me once. That's the main reason I moved to California. I wanted to be as far away from NYC as possible.

There was something about him though, that kind of scared me. He was just so buff that I knew if he wanted to, he could probably kill me with one punch. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that would do that but you never know. If there is one thing I learned growing up... it's that you can't trust anyone.

After I finished eating, I cleaned up and headed to bed.

"Don't you dare call me that!" He yelled as he hit me across my cheek making me fall onto the floor. "Get up!" He yelled as he kicked me in the side. "Your a worthless piece of shit!"

I laid there frozen on the ground unable to move. I could feel the tears streaming down my face, and soon enough, I could taste the salty drops on my lips.

"Are you going to get up?!" He screamed at me. I flinched at how loud his voice was.

"I... I can't move." I mumbled. Though I doubt he would care if I was able to or not. I heard him mutter something under his breath and moments later I heard the door slam shut. I could feel the room shake.

I saw some fresh blood on the ground and knew it must've been mine. The door swung open and there he was again. He was holding a gun pointed at me.

"Please... no." I whispered to him. Tears where pouring down my face as I knew his next move. His finger moved toward him and I heard the gun go off.

"Ahhhhh" I screamed. I shot out of bed panting like a dog. It was just a dream. Thank god it was just a dream. If your wondering, no. This isn't a real life event that happened in my life but for awhile now, I've been having nightmares like this. Each one ending about the same way. Maybe a different way of death, but I was always beaten and then killed. Sometimes I wish one of these dreams will be true so I can stop experiencing them.

I got dressed in my black polka dot bikini and put on some shorts and a shirt on top. I wasn't planning on going in the water, or even tanning but you never know. I brought one of my favorite books called "Elsewhere". I was just going to read that at the beach. Hopefully not running into Drew.

I stayed at the beach for a whole 2 hours. And during that time not once did I see Drew. I was rolling up my towel when I caught eyes with him. Shit. I was so close!

"Ashley!?" I heard him call my name and run over to me.

"What do you want Drew?" I asked as I started walking away.

"Look. If I did something wrong, or something to upset you then I'm sorry. I was just thinking we could be friends." He seemed genuinely sincere.

"I don't think that's such a good idea." I tell him as I turn around to face him.

"Why not?" He asks with a tone of confusion spread across his face.

"Because I'm not the kind of person who has friends. I like to do things on my own and keep to myself. I would appreciate it if from now on you let me do that." I said to him. I turn around again and start to walk toward my skate board.

"You know you can't keep whatever it is bottled up inside of you forever." He shouts to me. Do I make it that obvious that I'm hiding something?

"What makes you think I'm hiding something?" I speak a little above normal. I hear him jog to catch up to where I am. He stops in front of me and looks me in the eyes but I look away.

"Because I can sense it. The reason you keep to yourself is because you're scared."

"You don't know anything about me." I spat at him. He thinks he knows my life? He thinks he knows what I have been through? He doesn't know anything. He wouldn't want to know anything.

"But I want to." He says and tries to grab my hand but I pull away.

"Believe me when I say this Drew. You don't." And I walk away without saying another word. He's catching onto me. And as soon as he figures out why I keep to myself like I do, he'll think I'm a freak. I could tell he almost saw my cuts. I wear bracelets most of the time when I go out, and thank god I wore them today.

I need to stay away from this Drew guy. Once he figures out what I'm hiding, it'll be like NYC all over again.

Drew's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about what Ashley said all night. "You don't." Why is she so secretive? What happened that she doesn't want anyone to know about? No matter how hard I try to get her to talk to me, she keeps pushing me away. It seems like she pushes everyone away. She built up walls to protect herself. I need to break those walls down and show her that I'm not going to hurt her. I need to save her.

Hi Guys! I just started a new Drew Fanfic because I don't see many of them. Let me know what you think and please VOTE and COMMENT!!