Chapter 13: Suprise Mate

Hi everyone and welcome to chapter 13. The chapter is going to be out of Kayla's POV. I hope you all enjoy the chapter.

 The song Battlefield by Jordan Sparks is a good fit for this chapter so I recommend listenning to it while reading.

Chapter 13: Suprise Mate

Two weeks has passed since the tests and the Avonri have adjusted very well to being defenders of the area and the many other purposes. I have been requested to teach the wolves of some packs to better defend themselves in a battle. As the Avonri equivilant of an alpha, I have to sit in on meetings and war talks. Very rarely am I ever able to run with the Avonri anymore.

Right now, I am talking to the alphas about a treaty between the seven packs and my pack as well as the Avonri. I represent both my pack and the Avonri because Roman is out running a border patrol. Half way through the meeting, I hear the howl of one of the outer rim Avonri. My head snaps up and I listen for the rest of the message.

'I will bring in the intruder if I fail the inners shall bring it in,' howls the outer level Avonri.

I nod my head I wonder what this inturder is here for. It may just be an ally come to join us. That is very unlikely unless one of the packs from the far north have decided to join us.

??? POV

Why did he send me out here? I am one of his upper wolves. Why not send someone of less rank out? It would make more sense and be easier for them to get out unhindered. I am possibly ten miles away from the Mosar Pack territory, when I am sighted by a wolf. Dang it, they have security all the way out here. I do not look the oher wolf in the eye as I charge at him. He easily dodges to the left and tries to scratch my side.

I am suprised by his speed for a male he is very fast but against me his speed is nothing because I am faster than him. I move as fast as I can and almost land a scratch down his face and neck. I gasp as I realize that he was holding back. Who is he that he can rival me in speed? He raises his head and sounds an alarm warning the pack of danger. I wince and go for his throat. He qucikly dodges and swipes at me. I move quick enough  that I can dodge it. We continue to battle it out. We keep wating for the other to tire out or make a mistake. We are still trying three hours late. Oh lord, how can this dude keep this up. Even I am running out of stamina and I have the greatest stamina in the rouge pack. If all of the wolves are like this, then we are majorly screwed and are going to die easily. Heck even if half their army were like this we would go down quick.

I chance a look at his eyes and the whole word arond us disappears. I forget that I am in a battle and look into his eyes. I can see that he feels this too. No, no, no I can not have an enemy as a mate. Demetri will kill me if he finds this out. Heck, I'm dead even if he doesn't find out. I am an enemy near pack territory and therefore automatic game. Hell, I am so dead. Why can't I have been born in a none werewolf society?

Suddenly I feel my claws settle into his fur and claw it's way down his leg, and his claws do the same to me. I come out of my daze and whine from the pain. The wolf leans forward and licks my face. He chnges to his human form and if I had been in human form as well I would have blushed. He has a six pack and has black hair and brown eyes the color of caramel.

"Join me please. I promise that I will not hurt you nor will I allow any of the other wolves hurt you. My alpha will ensure your safety," he tells me.

I change forms and disappear into a bush with my change of clothes. I look over and realize that he already has a pair of pants on. How the heck? I'm going to have to learn how in the world to do that. I walk out and see that he is smiling at me. I smile back and sit next to him.