Prologue

I took one  more glance in the mirror, viewing my whole body. I heard the sound of my baby girl calling from down the stairs, we were running late. We were attending a get together where I'd be meeting my sisters and my high school friends, for the first time since we came back after being gone for almost 13 years.

It was still a surprise how my life has turned out to be in the past two years. Not so long ago I was happily married to my husband for ten years of nothing but happiness and love. Yes, we had our ups and down like every other couple, but it was mostly smooth sailing, if I have to put it that way. I admit I got married at a very young age with an older guy, but I was happy and contented.

Todd was such as great husband, he treated me with love and respect. Literally worshipped the ground I walked on. I loved him too, at one point he was my world, my soulmate, I've strongly believed that only death could do us apart.. but I guess we don't always get what we want or desire. Only God knows what he has in store for us and we cannot control our destiny. That's just how it is.

My marriage took a huge turn almost two years ago when my baby girl had just turned twelve. She got really sick and was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder. It went real bad, up to a stage where someone had to donate blood for her otherwise she wouldn't have made it.  See I had no problem donating blood for my bundle of joy but its just that her "father", my husband insisted that it was the least he could do to save his only daughter. And so we all agreed that he would be the one to do it. He signed the papers and all went perfect until we were told that her body rejected her "father's" blood, which I must say came as a surprise to all of us,and opened up old wounds to me.

Todd was so furious it got to the point were he forced that a DNA test needed to be done because he believed that if Tiara was his baby then their blood should match of which I completely agreed with. So the test came out the worst was said.

She was not his daughter.....

That really hurt his feelings he started resenting me and my baby he even stopped visiting her at the hospital. And he started demanding some answers of which I also couldn't really explain, don't get me wrong I knew who Tiara's father was from the word go but I just wasn't sure, all his features were there since she was a baby but I just couldn't admit it and besides Todd was already attached to her and her father was just not there so I started convincing myself that he was the daddy until I believed it myself.

So the night before my baby was released in hospital Todd forced me to come clean about who the father of my child is. Although It was gonna be hard but I knew  that it was gonna be now or never, I had to come clean at least he deserves the truth after all this years

So this is my story.......