[7]

Lexi's POV

I stare at the red cup that he's offering me.

He laughs and thrusts it to me. "Try it. I promise you'll like it."

I narrow my eyes at him and cross my arms over my chest. "You didn't drug it or anything, did you?"

He looks at me strangely. "If I was trying to drug you, why would I tell you?"

I ponder what he's saying before grabbing the cup out of his hand. "Fine. But if I die I'm blaming it on you."

I take a small sip and choke, the cup dropping out of my hand. Cameron catches it luckily right before it hits the ground and frowns at me. "Are you okay?"

I cough. "I'm fine. I've never tasted alcohol before."

"Really? I find that hard to believe." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"I have strict parents" I justify, but that's a lie of course.

The truth is, that I just don't and never have liked alcohol. When I was younger I would always attend our annual neighborhood barbecue, and despite the fact that there were always children there, most of the adults got shit-faced drunk.

One time I witnessed my mean old neighbor Mrs. Shelly pee on a tree, and then try and lick it to see if it tasted like Maple Syrup.

Images like that pretty much turn you off any alcohol before you've had any.

That was eight years ago.

"Haven't you ever heard the saying; Good girls are bad girls who've never been caught?" He asks placing my cup back on the table beside him.

I scoff. "Of course I have. That doesn't make it true."

"It's true."

"Well, in my case it isn't."

"So what are your siblings names?" He asks changing the subject.

"Caitlyn and Mason."

He frowns at me like he's trying to figure something out, "Caitlyn King?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I think you guys might be my cousins neighbors."

Well that's not cliché at all.

It's no doubt that I'm surprised. "Really? Are you sure? There are more then one person in this neighborhood with King as a last name and named Caitlyn."

Even I know It sounds stupid. Of course he's talking about my sister.

"Is your dad around 5'11, brown hair and green eyes. He has a habit of saying "let me show you how to do it", loves to barbecue but always forgets to put the lid on?"

Wow. He basically summarized my dad in one sentence.

"You had time to notice what color his eyes were?"

"I'm at their house a lot." He shrugs, "plus I like eyes. They can tell you a lot about a person."

I scoff. "I've never believed in all that mystic bullshit."