[20]

Lexie's POV

"I just had a revelation."

"Uh-oh" Maya mutters, trying in vain to color in the woman's wings with a broken green crayon, "that can't be good."

"Wanna hear it?" I ask, trying to color in the woman's face and stay in the lines with an equally broken blue crayon.

"I have a feeling that whatever I answer, you'll tell me anyways."

"Yep" I grin cheekily looking up at her. "It's regarding birth and the afterlife."

"Oh god" she groans.

"What if-" I pause for dramatic effect, "- the white light you apparently see when you die is actually the light you see when coming out of your mother after being reborn?"

Her mouth falls open. "That's disturbing."

I furrow my eyebrows, "what are you talking about? It's fascinating."

"No" she shakes her head, "I don't want to be reborn again. I didn't live a sucky life just to just forget all about it and start over."

"That makes no sense. If you lived a sucky life why would you want to remember it?"

Shaking her head she sighs. "Obviously you would say that. Your life is practically perfect."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, I don't know. Your parents are fricken rich so you never have to work a day in your life, you have one of the hottest boys in school obsessing over you, and you look like a model."

"I do not look like a model" I scoff. "Do you know how long it takes me in the morning to look at least 50% presentable?"

"No."

"Half an hour!"

"That's not the point. The point is that I don't want to forget all my memories, because no matter how sucky my life was, I want to be able to remember how hard I worked to change that."

Nodding slowly, I try to understand what she's saying. "So basically you want to remember the good parts?"

She nods. "Basically."

"Well then" I giggle pointing at her drawing, "you might want to learn how to color in the lines by the time you die."

"What are you talking about?" She argues, "I'm a very skilled colorer."

"Sure you are."

Maya narrows her eyes. "Was that sarcasm?"

"Maybe, maybe not. I guess you'll never know."

"You're one to talk" she mumbles making me frown down at my coloring skills.

I'm not into the whole conceited thing, but can I just say that my coloring skills can rival Leonardo Da Vinci. It's almost like I was born with a gift to color, really. We should have done this sooner.

"Why didn't we think of this sooner?" Maya voices my thoughts as she tries to fix her coloring skills. In vain.

"I have no idea" I frown, "and I feel like an idiot for it."

"Touché."

She adds,"This is so cool, by the way. Nice choice."