[31]

Lexie's POV

"What about?" He asks, leaning against the wall behind him. "Did I do something? Again?"

I laugh and lean against the wall across from him so we're facing each other. "Not really."

He looks at me strangely. "Okay?"

It's silent for a moment as I decide how to say this. I finally decide that it's now or never, so I take a deep breath. "You like me, don't you?"

He looks at me in shock. "What?"

"You like me" I repeat myself, "and I just wanted to confirm that fact."

He sighs and rakes his right hand through his hair. "What are you talking about? What makes you say that?"

"No one said anything. But after a lot of laying in my bed at night and thinking, I've come to the conclusion that you like me. It's why you're always kissing me and why you're always complimenting me by calling me beautiful and all that cheesy shit."

"You do that too" he snaps, getting defensive. "Don't single me out."

"Chill" I put up my in hand in defense, "I'm not, and I'll be the first to admit that I do those things too."

"You like me" he repeats my earlier words, grinning to himself.

"I didn't say that."

"Then what did you say?" he counters.

"I said that you like me. Not the other way around. Don't get that mixed up."

He rolls his eyes at my lame attempt to change the subject. "If you're standing there and accusing me of liking you, then you can damn well stand there and let me claim the same thing."

I scowl. Damn him for being right when I'm smarter then him. "Fine."

"Fine?"

"Fine" I repeat bravely, pushing myself off the wall and a step in his direction. "You're right."

He raises an eyebrow. "Are you openly admitted that you like like me?"

Dear god, please don't make this crash and burn in my face later on. "Yes" I respond after a moment.

Silence.

Cameron stares at me in shock and I feel my cheeks getting redder and redder by the minute. He's not smiling or anything that would confirm that he reciprocates my feelings, making me want to dig a hole, climb inside and never get out of it. Holy shit. I just totally screwed up our friendship or whatever the hell we were.

I finally find my voice. "Cameron?"

He seems to breaks out of the daze he's in and smirks, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "I knew it."

I duck my head down and feel my cheeks heat up from embarrassment. Great, Lexie. Not only have you managed to get your sister pissed face drunk in an hour, but you also managed to ruin what could possibly be the greatest kissing friendship ever.

I hear Cameron's deep chuckle before fingers are placed under my chin, lifting my eyes so that they're staring right back into Cameron's amazing ones.

"You're adorable." He smiles one of his rare smiles, where the faint dimple he has on his cheek appears.

I blush even harder making him laugh again. "Stop laughing it's not funny!" I exclaim, slapping him on the arm. "I look like a strawberry."

He raises an eyebrow. "No Tomato today?"

I shrug. "I needed somethings new."

He laughs but quickly sobers up, leaving us in silence once again.