Chapter 14

"I'm calling the police!" Jenny screamed.

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT! WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY?!"

I heard Jenny scream in pain, and I wanted to go up and help her, but Danny held my wrist.

"Danny! He's hurting her!" I cried.

He turned around, and cupped my face in his hands. "Babe, I know. But we need to get out of here."

"He could take Jenny!"

"He wants us. Not her."

"HELP! SOMEONE HE-" Jenny's cries for help were cut off.

It brought tears to my eyes knowing I couldn't do anything to save my best friend.

Jennys screamed again.

"I have to do something." I said.

"Sky, no." Danny warned.

"He wants me." I ripped my hand from his hold, and I started up the stairs.

"Skylar!" Danny yelled, gripping my waist, and pulling me back to the basement.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY YOU LITTLE BITCH!" Joey yelled.

"We need to go! He'll give up on her."

"How the hell did he even find us?" I asked.

"I don't know, but we have to go." He grabbed my hand, and towed me to one of the small windows.

I climbed through, and waited for Danny.

"Hey, nephew. Where you goin'?" Joey's voice said from the other side of the window.

I looked through it, and saw Danny punch his uncle, then scrambled to the window.

"Start running!" He ordered me.

I took off like a bullet, with Danny following behind me.

"YOU LITTLE-I'LL FIND YOU THE SAME WAY I DID BEFORE!" Joey yelled.

Danny caught up to me, and grabbed my hand.

"Danny, how did he find us?!" I gasped.

His head popped up, and he took the cell phone from his pocket. "This. He can track it."

"Throw it!"

"Not yet." Danny slowed us to a gentle walk when we got into town.

"Why are we slowing down?" I whispered.

"You need a new disguise, plus we need to ditch the phone."

My disguise. Shit, I left the hat at Jenny's.

I loked around, and saw a few people look my way with curious glances.

"Skylar?" A male voice called.

"Shit. Shit, shit, shit!" I cursed.

"Skylar, is that you?" This was the voice of the man who's girlfriend was screaming in pain not ten minutes ago.

"Max." I whispered.

"Keep moving." Danny hissed at me.

I couldn't go. I haven't seen Max in forever, and it killed me to know he misses his little sister.

"Skylar!"

"Sky...We need to keep moving."

I shook my head. "I can't."

"He's bringing attention to you!"

I heard footsteps behind me, and soon my shoulders were grabbed, and I was being spun around.

There he was. Maxwell. His brown eyes held happiness, and warmth.

"Hey, Maxwell." I smiled at him.

"I thought you were dead." He pulled me into a hug, and crushed me to his body.

"I'm quite alive." I gasped. "But I won't be if you keep crushing me."

Max let me go, and his arms were replaced with Danny's.

"Danny? What are you doing here? Where's Jenny?" Max asked.

"Max, go to Jenny's house and see if she's okay. Call an ambulance right now. Both of you are in danger if you talk to us. Jenny's just an example of how much Joey can do." I took Danny's hand in mine.

"What happened?"

"Max. Trust me. We'll be in contact, but just...Go to Jenny." My eyes welled with tears. "Make sure she's okay, please."

"Skylar..." He whispered.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to help her. We need to go. I'm so sorry, Max. Please make sure she's okay!" Danny started to pull me in the opposite direction. "Tell her I never meant for anything like this to happen to her!"

"I don't..."

"Max, run! Go find Jenny! Hopefully I'll see you soon!" I yelled.

Max stood there stunned for a moment, then took off to Jenny's house.

She better be okay...

Tars ran down my face, and danny pulled me into this hair salon.

"How may I help you today?" This fake blonde asked.

"Do you have any wigs?" Asked Danny.

She smiled at him, and nodded. "Yes we do! What color were you thinking?"

"Red."

The fake blonde nodded again, then went to the back room.

Tears were still present, and Danny started to wipe them away with his thumbs. "She'll be okay. Calm down." He whispered.

"Which one?"

The lady held up a long, blood red colored wig, and a shoulder length one.

Danny looked at the selection, then at me. I chose the longer one, and she smiled happily.

The lady helped me put the wig on. We paid, then got out of there.

"Now time to ditch the phone." Danny twined our fingers, and looked around.

Why make this harder than it has to be? I swear, Danny can be so smart, but he can also be so damn stupid.

"Give me the phone." I took it from his hand, and slammed onto the pavement. "Let's go." I tugged his hand, and we were off again. Hopefully to a place where Joey can't find us.

*****************************************************************************************

Hey there:)

I got nothing to say really...So I'm just going to do this.:

:DDDDDD :DDDDDD :DDDDDD

Hope you enjoyed!! Tell me what you think!!

:D -FallenTorment16