Chapter 9

"How are we going to get the suitcases upstairs without Joey knowing?" I asked.

"Stay here." Danny said, going up the steps.

His footsteps sounded above me, and stopped mid step before they started to walk towards the stairs again.

"So?" I asked when Danny came to my side.

"He's asleep. We're fine." He kissed the side of my head, and grabbed the suitcase from the bed. "Come on." He started climbing the stairs with me following.

"Jeez." I said when I saw the kitchen.

Jack Daniels bottles were verywhere, and it looked really gross.

"Joey trashed the place. Now you know why I live in the basement." Danny said, walking to he front door. I followed behind him.

He opened the door, and stepped out.

"Ready?" He held his hand out for me.

I smiled and grabbed it. "As I'll ever be."

Danny set the suitcase down, and pulled me into his arms. "In a way I'm glad my uncle kidnapped you." He told me.

"I am too." I smiled.

Danny pulled my face to his, and our lips connected.

I pulled away before anything could happen, that would delay this mission. "Danny, we have to go."

"Yeah, I know." He took my hand and grabbed the suitcase from the ground.

"Are we walking?" I asked.

"Unless you want Joey to track the car."

"Leave the suitcase then. It'll be a hassle."

"Wasted effort." Danny sighed, then threw the suitcase in a near by bush.

"You'll get over it."

He smiled, then put an arm around my waist, and we started walking to our future together.

Hopefully there won't be any problems.

Hell, I know there will be problems.

Right when Joey get's up and realises we're gone, and won't be coming back, I know he'll go searching for us. Hopefully by then, we will be far from this town.

"Danny do you have money?"

"Yeah. Stole about five hundred from Joey." He smiled, and hugged my waist tighter.

"There's something I need to do."

"What's that?" He asked.

"Before we leave town, I need to say goodbye to a couple of people."

"Sky, I don't think we should do that."

"Danny, they're the closest thing to family I have. Please."

His pale blue eyes bored into mine, and after a coupld of seconds he nodded.

I smiled, and hugged his side.

"But it has to be quick." He told me.

"It'll only take about five minutes, ten tops."

~:~:~

We walked to my neighborhood, and I towed Danny in the direction of Jenny's house.

"How much farther is it? We need to get out of here." He asked.

"Not by much. I can see her house from here."

After a couple minutes, I was walking up the steps to Jenny's front door, Danny next to me.

I knocked on it.

The door flew open, and I saw my best friend. She stood there in shock.

"Hey, Jenny." I smiled.

"Skylar?" She choked, tears rimmed her eyes.

I nodded, and before I knew it, Jenny flung herself at me, and wrapped her arms around me in a hug. "You scared the shit out of me you know that! Where the hell have you been?!"

I looked over at Danny, asking with my eyes if I could tell her everything. He gave me a smile and nodded, but pointed to his wrist telling me I need to be quick.

"It's a long story, Jen. I don't have much time. But I after the party, I was kidnapped." I pulled away from her.

"How did you get out?!"

I smiled and looked at Danny lovingly. "Him." He smiled back, his blue eyes filled with love.

Jenny followed my gaze, and did a double take. "Woah, I didn't even notice him."

Danny let out a small laugh.

"Yeah well, anyway, I met Danny my first night there, and he made sure I was fed and stuff, and along the way we fell in love."

"Awh! It's a weird romance, but awh! I'm so happy for you, Sky!"

"Thanks, Jen. But, we need to go. Joey could come looking for us at any moment."

"Wait! Stay here for the night! Please! I need my best friend."

I looked over at Danny. He had a pained look on his face.

"This Joey guy. Did he kidnap you?" Jenny asked.

"Yeah, and raped me." I wasn't planning on telling Jenny that, but I did anyway. From the corner of my eye, I saw Danny flinch.

"Oh, my...I'm so sorry, Sky."

"It's fine. Danny." I looked over at him. His eyes snapped to mine. "Can we stay here or not? I don't think Joey knows Jenny. He couldn't find us."

"Just for the night."

Jenny smiled, grabbed my hand, and pulled me into her house.

********************************************************************************************************

Short I know. Sorry!

:D -FallenTorment16