Part Six

When I woke up the next morning, I saw that the clock said 6:30. I got up and got dressed. Then I went and got something to eat. By 7:30, I was ready to go. We got to school at 7:50, so I talked to some of my friends.

"Hey there baby, what's your name?" I turned around to see a hazel eyed boy with brown hair standing behind me.

"Don't call me baby, ever."

"Ouch, that's not a nice way to treat the new kid. I'll just forget about it, my name's Isaic, what's yours?"

"Depends, why do you wanna know?"

"I'm just wondering, please tell me, I'm sorry for calling you baby."

"Fine whatever, my name's Tamera."

"Nice to meet you Tamera." He said with a smile on his face, I started thinking that maybe I should not have been so rude to him, but I just disregarded the thought of that.

"I gotta get to class, where are you going? I might be able to help."

He showed me his class schedule.

1st-Chemistry

2nd-Algebra II

3rd-Geography

4th-Language Arts

5th-P.E.

We had all of our classes together, great.

"I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of each other. Come on, we have the same classes. So just follow me."

"Oh, that is super cool." He said and smiled at me. The bell rang as soon as we got into the classroom.

The day went by super fast. Finally, it was time for practice. I got changed and went out onto the field and stretched while I waited for practice to start. I heard a new but already familiar voice come up from behind me.

"Oh wow. Of all the people I thought I'd see out here, I didn't think you'd be one of them." Isaic said.

"Yeah, well somebody needs to keep the boys in shape." I replied sharply and then went over to one of the seniors and started talking to them. He followed me. The guy I was talking to kept eyeing the kid and eventually asked if I was going to introduce him. I sighed and said, "This is the new kid, Isaic. Isaic, this is Mike."

They shook hands and started talking. I was getting irritated. The coaches came out later than usual and noticed there was a new guy. They asked him if he was gonna try out and he said yes and after about half an hour, the coaches told him they'd seen enough and to wait on the far end of the field for them to decide. I knew they were going to say yes, mostly because we needed another player and he would make a really good tight end. 

The coaches yelled to him to come back over and they told him he was on the team. One of the coaches took him to get his equipment and then we started to practice. Practice went a little longer than usual today. As soon as it was over, I got changed and called my dad to tell him I was on my way home.

"Hey, Tamera. Can I talk to you please?" It was Isaic.

"What?"

"Well, I was just wondering why you play..." That was a long story, but I still told him.

"Oh, that's really cool. So, where's your parents? Aren't they gonna pick you up?" Then, I don't know why, but I remembered something my mom told me the day before she died. She said that she was proud of me and that she would always be there for me, whenever I needed her.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine. Why?"

"You're crying. I don't think you're fine if you're crying Tamera." Just then I noticed that my cheeks were wet with tears.

"I have to go..." I said and started to leave, he grabbed my shoulder.

"What's wrong? Was it something I said?"

"No, I just have to go." I said through tears. I shook his shoulder off and walked away. I knew I was making a bad decision, but I needed to get away, I couldn't let him see me cry anymore.

I texted Ben and told him to tell dad I was going to Ethans and I wouldnt be back for a while. I was almost at Ethans when I saw him. He was sitting with another girl. His school's best cheerleader. Just as I got there, they kissed. I knew he saw me.

I turned away and ran. I knew I was being stupid, but it didn't matter to me. He didn't care about me. He never did, he always liked her, from the first moment he saw her, he liked her. I always knew, I just never said anything about her because I hoped he changed. I wanted him to like me, not her. I ran to the beach and to the woods. I ran until my feet hurt from running.

I sat on an old stump and just cried. Nobody knew where I was so I wouldn't have to worry about anybody coming and looking for me. Nobody even went in the woods anymore. I lost track of time and it eventually started to get cold and dark. I didn't care though. I would rather die than have to go back to him kissing her.

I never should have even thought about him like that.  He's my best friend and that's all he should be. I finally stopped cying and tried to go back, but I couldn't remember which way I went to get here. Everytime I thought I found my way out, I just ended up back where I began. So I just went one way and kept going that way. I must have been trying to get out for an hour before it got too dark for me to see. I closed my eyes and just waited for something to eat me.

Then I remembered I had my phone. I took it out quickly and tried calling my dad. I had a low battery. I started crying again. I lied down on the cold ground and just gave up. My brother and dad thought I was at Ethan's place. Nobody else knew anything. I heard something growl. I looked up slightly and saw a wild dog, or maybe it was a wolf.  I couldn't tell, all I knew was that it didn't sound very friendly. I closed my eyes and waited for the end when...

--------------------------------------------------------

soo do u guys like this chapter? please vote comment read fan.

love yall

Emily =)