Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Date: Mon.16th Jul.2012

Time: 10:43a.m

Kennedy’s POV

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Miss.. miss.. r-r-rocky”   I heard a high pitched, eardrum shattering scream. I quickly turned around and looked in the direction where Tyra stood. She was holding a cup with soil and half a pair of Rocky’s shoe. It was a black converse with gold studs and white shoelaces. I looked blankly at Tyra. Was this all just another one of her attention-seeking pranks, or was it real? Rocky was one of my friends a close one and if she was really buried there, I don’t know what I’d do. My heart beat raced and I felt my hands start to tremble. I carefully made my way towards Tyra and I yelled at her

            “Where is she? Where did you find her?”

            “Don’t yell at me!” Tyra yelled back

            “Just tell me please?” I said in a more hushed tone. I looked at her I know she could see the intensity in my eyes and I bet she heard my heart beating. Tyra pointed to the ground where she pulled the shoe out. I went down on my knees and tried to dig with my bare hands to try and get a glimpse of her face.  I heard people yelling Stop! But I wouldn’t listen she was my friend and there was no way I’ll believe that she’s dead. I finally felt something, solid and cold to the touch. Could this be Rocky? I moved some of the dirt off of the object and what I saw made my body become paralyzed in fear.

Then I felt a hand roughly pull me away from Rocky, I looked up but my vision was blurred from all the salty water droplets which streamed down my face. I heard one of the detectives voice. I stubbornly pulled myself up and wiped my eyes.  I solemnly stood up and Ms Alan gave me a towel to wipe my hands and face. I looked at the ground and saw the detective pull out Rocky’s dead body. I can’t believe this just happened.

Detective Crawford’s POV

I ran up to where Kennedy was and kneeled on the soft dark coloured dirt. I saw the pale, cold corpse of one of the campers. I think her name was Rocky, she had black hair and she was donned in a grey graphic t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. I gently took her out of the soil and laid her on the grass. All the other girls were soon gathered around me. I looked up at them and soon realise that they were all scared. No one knew who was going to go next.

“Willy, come over here!” I said looking up to Him. I knew he hated when I called him Willy or Willa or even Willy Wonka.

“Would please desist on calling me that? It’s Annoying.” He said in a stern voice while walking towards me. He stooped down and looked at the body.

“She was buried alive... which reminds me of this movie where….” But before I could finish William tapped me at the back of my head. 

“Focus,” He said looking at me

“Yes Willy I mean your honour... Sir... Boss” I answered rubbing the back of my head. He looked at the body and then he called the Forensic pathologist and requested for them to take the body up for examination and for further investigation.

“We need for everyone to have a buddy or a partner and we need for everyone to tell an adult everywhere that you go. These are just some safety precautions that need to be taken so that no one else can get hurt. We would really appreciate it if everybody can all go to Assembly room so we can address everybody about what is going on.” Laufeyson calmly told all the other campers. He was always serious about things, why couldn’t he at least smile a little. He never smiles around anyone so far.

            Everyone walked back towards the Assembly Hall. The girl were all seated on their chairs, the teachers were standing on the side by the doors.