Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Date: Monday 16th July, 2012

Time: 7:57 a.m

Lisabeth’s POV

   The door flew open and standing by the door frame was a man, maybe in his early thirty’s, brown hair dressed in a suit, not bad looking too. Who was he? All heads reeled around in unison when he opened the door, he looked at us for a few seconds and we looked at him which made this an awkward situation. Finally he spoke, and my knees became weak, he had a Brit accent. He must be the detective.  I was too busy admiring the way he dressed that I didn’t realise that all the girls were walking out of the room, I quickly fell into place and walked out to.

            We all advanced towards the assembly hall, When I walked in I looked around for an empty seat and I spotted one right next to Ally. The room was filled with all of my now eighteen classmates. Hushed whispers floated through the tense air. I took a deep breath and looked around; this was going to be a noteworthy situation.  Our teachers were standing in front of the assembly hall and a serious expression was plastered across their faces.

            “Hey did you hear about Ruby?” A voice resounded derailing my train of thought. I turned my head making ninety degrees. I looked at Ally and nodded, Ruby was a friend not a close one but still a friend. It was quite a scene in the bedroom, slit throat, blood on her purple pastel coloured hair and a body lying lifeless on the cold, hard ground. I glanced around Rocky, Jamie, Jessica, Jade and Kennedy were sitting in the back row, In front of them were Bridgette, Taylor, Tiffany, Shadow and Tyra. Then there was the row where I was sitting at. Ally, Jenny, Shelby and well since Ruby has… demised sadly, it was just the four of us left.  In front of us there were Sidney, Thalia, Coraline, Sadie and the one I hated the most, Riley.

            “Okay girls” Ms Alan said rising one hand up to attract out attention. The girls all turned around and looked at her. She seemed scared and her eyes darted from side to side. There was a moment of silence,

            “These men are the detectives: Mr Crawford and Detective Laufeyson,” She said pointing to the former, a tall, slender man with brown hair, about late twenty’s and he was donned in a snug dark red t-shirt and body-hugging black jeans. Not bad I thought. The other man, brown hair, very tall, and he was wearing a tight white shirt, blue tie and black jeans. Did I mention I was a sucker for guys with tight white shirts?

            “They are going to help us to find out who killed Ruby” Ms Frost continued

            “I have an Idea who killed that little nerd” Jade said cocking her feet up on the backrest of Tiffany’s chair.

            “Umm Excuse me? Sit much? Feet off.”  Tiffany said in an irritated tone. Jade pulled her feet off and pushed Tiffany’s seat.

            “Better?” She asked arrogantly. Tiffany rolled her eyes and turned to face forward.

            “Girls, we have guests, and a murder to deal with, Stop acting like four year olds.” Ms Alan said. “Now the detectives would like to have a word with all of you. So sit up and listen please” She said eye-ing each one of us slowly.

            “Okay. Well I’m detective Matt Crawford and this is my partner Detective Laufeyson. We got the call that a girl had been murdered and arrived as quickly as we could.”

            “Oh so I guess it’s true then, even pizza gets here faster than you guys can.” Sadie said teasingly. Matt looked at Sadie with a serious look and then he smirked,