Chapter eleven-Love never dies

The two hugged each other and Rèmy and I walked for about fifteen minutes until we came to the jungle's entrance. I stopped him there to talk to him privately before returning to our apartment.

 Rèmy was literally dawdling and looked dizzy and confused as he smiled continuously. He must have drunk too much.

'Are you ok, Rèmy?' I asked.

He looked at me and giggled. What was he laughing at?

'Stop laughing,' I said, 'she's done something to you.'

'Who?' he asked, still beaming.

'You know who I'm talking about.'

He chuckled, and put his arm around me.

I didn't mind that, but it's just that he's never done it before.

'Listen,' I said, walking heavily.

Rèmy was leaning on me too much, and when I turned to face him, he had his eyes closed.

'Wake up!' I ordered, pinning him against a tree.

He was falling asleep, and I wasn't sure why.

Actually, I was sure why. Juliet had obviously put something in his drink when Rèmy wasn't looking-probably when I asked him to watch the news.

How foolish of me, I should never had trusted such a strange girl.

Sebastien was odd too, but Juliet was the person who really worried me.

 I tried calling him again, but there was no answer. How many times had this happened? Déja vu: when Rèmy had fainted in the stream and I had to try and wake him up, when he'd tried to drown himself in the ocean a couple of weeks ago and now, his falling asleep-out of the blue.

'RÈMY!' I cried, shaking him by the shoulders.

I looked at him in an unbelievable way. How could he just switch off like that?

Suddenly, I heard a cackle from somewhere. I spun around, but saw nobody.

Maybe it was just a drunken person from an nearby pub, but then I heard it again, and louder.

The laugh sounded like a woman-a young girl, actually.

The lamps above us quickly flickered, and soon switched off completely.

What was happening? I thought. I was breathing quickly and hard, and inside I was trembling.

The laughter subsided, but soon I heard footsteps, that were headed in our direction from the left side.

Rèmy and I had come from the right side of the alley, so I grabbed him by the arm and quietly crept to that side.

We were doing quite well, considering Rèmy's weight and that he was asleep.

So close, were we, to the exit of the alley, but then without any warning, I heard footsteps run straight up to where I was.

It was more than one person, at least two, who strangled my neck and threw me to the ground, kicked me hard twice and then dragged me away.

Stars shot about my eyes, and a heat radiated from my stomach which had been kicked, and sweat mixed with blood streamed from a cut on my neck.

I couldn't feel anything as the strangers carried me around. I was in shock.

And where was Rèmy? They must have taken him too.

Finally, we came to an opening. I felt air conditioning and I could smell beer.