Prologue-The Birth of Zander Coetus

Hey there! Thanks for taking a look at my book, though it isn't quite finished just yet. 161 people had read my book but I accidentally deleted it and now I have to re-paste it. I will seperate it into different chapters so that readers can find it easier to read and find. I would like to thank @WriterNotAFighter for the beautiful cover. i really suggest checking out their work ;)

 I really hope you enjoy my book! Remember to comment, vote and fan!  Feedback is always appreciated! Thanks, @!ex

The Birth of Zander Coetus

Dear reader,

I was born a survivor. In every situation that had nearly cost me my life, I had always been able to sustain myself.

Indubitably, I am not a strong person, nor was I ever physically capable of participating in certain

physical games like the others are able to do. However, physical weakness is not comparable to a mental strength; so those worlds are not even competent enough to relate to one another.

Life is a carousel which, at a certain point, stops revolving. Life is full of surprises, and my greatest one, if you would like to read on, is in your hands- dear reader.

The year 2111 my mother, Anna, gave birth to me-in the ocean.

You see, she was on holiday on an island in Greece, where she wanted to have me anyway.

Unfortunately, while she was reading a book on the beach, her water suddenly broke. It was late in the afternoon and still very hot, and there was hardly anyone with her on the same beach.

My mother's boyfriend had recently left her for another woman and there wasn't a hospital nearby. Somehow, she had the strange feeling that I was not meant to be released into this world through the hands of a nurse in a medical ward, but instead to be welcomed into the Meditteranean sea.

Fearlessly, my mother walked calmly to the shore, leaving her small footprints to be washed out. As she wandered deeper into the ocean, a swarm of colourful fish drew into the area to which I was delivered. I was naturally washed by the purplish-blue water, and then other fish came about: a school of Parexocoetus Mento fish. They are usually dark blue with a silver belly, and are my mother's favourite type of water creature. They danced around us in the water, leaping in and out of the air and water as if celebrating my birth.

All my mother needed was something sharp to detach the umbelical cord, so she found a small, well-honed stone and sawed at the tube which connected me to her. As she carried me, crying my small eyes out, one of the Parexocoetus Mento fish followed, and rubbed itself onto my mother's heel. She already knew what my first name was, also named after another fish-but from a river, so, she realised that this was a sort of special connection to me, and, with me in her arms, whilst standing in the shallowest part of the ocean, she declared my name.

"On behalf of the Ocean," she whispered in my ear, and then announced with tears in her eyes, "you shall be called Zander Coetus." And that is how I was born; in the Ocean, first breath above it, and my name confirmed after a fish: Zander Coetus is who I am.