Chapter 10: Amusement

"He's just fine. He's asleep right now and when he wake up he will be tired from surgery." I couldn't believe it. My heart, my head, everything inch of my body was beaming with life at the thought of him waking up and being able to see him.

"I'm not going to lie, we almost lost him a good amount of times but he pulled through. Your lucky he's a fighter." David a fighter? Never, he can only love. But I guess I'm happy he fought through everything. He's here and he's okay and there's no way I'm going to lose him ever again.

"Can we see him?" I asked with hesitation. I wanted to so badly but I had this fear of being told no. If the doctor where to deny me access to my love, i'd find a way to sneek in. My love, those words make me feel so happy inside.

"Yes, he's back in his room."

I walked back to Kaydence with the biggest smile on my face, when she looked up she wrapped her arms around me and burst into tears. "He's okay, he's really okay." She kept saying over and over again. We made our way to his room and I didn't want to grab the door knob. I didn't want to open it, I really didn't know what to be prepared for.

I turned the knob and walked in. There he was but it was different this time. He was laying on his side and there were only two machines in the room, one with a clear liquid in him and the other was a silent heart machine. It didn't make the beep noises but if anything happened to him it would alert the front desk.

I walked in that stared at him, he was breathing and seemed uneasy in his sleep. My smile was as huge as ever, the anticipation of him waking up was going to kill me. I grabbed his hand, it was warm. I felt like the life had just come back into me, it was him. He was the one for me.

I kept thinking of those lame movies where when you'd kiss them they'd wake up but at this moment anything seemed possible and I wanted to try it. I stayed silent, nothing went through my mind. I leaned forward and place my lips on his as softly as ever. I kissed him once. I felt his lips start to move in sync with mine. A smile went across his face and I pulled back.

"I missed that." He didn't open his eyes, he was probably weak but he was awake, he spoke. I wanted to fall over and die with excitement but I remained calm. I couldn't really speak, I just stared at him.

"I'm fine, you can touch me and talk to me." I still couldn't say anything I tried but there was just too much to say, too much to let out. I just wanted him to rest and be okay. "I love you David." I managed to say the one thing that summed up everything. He smiled and sat up. He opened his eyes and the golden brown eyes I've missed for too long were stuck on me. He put his arms out, "Lay with me?" I obeyed like an excited puppy.

I sat next to him and he settled his face on my chest. I wrapped my arms around him gently and felt a tear leave my face and fall onto his. He looked up at me and smiled. I felt another tear fall down my face.

"I'm here now Johnny, the only thing I could thing about the whole time during surgery and while I was in pain was you. I couldn't leave you here alone. I love you"

That did it. He hit that nerve that has been bugging me this whole time. He wiped away the tears and made everything better like he always used too. I didn't lose him, I still have him. I don't know what I'd do if I had lost him.

"Do you remember anything?" I asked hesitantly. He looked off into the distance thinking. His face went pale and he looked up at me. " I remember everything..."

I quickly took him in my arms and just held him, he didn't cry or let anything out. When I let go he had this look on his face, he looked like he was guilty, guilty for what? I was confused but he looked down and a single tear escaped. I wiped it away and went close to kiss him. "You don't want to kiss me." He pulled back. I felt hurt and he looked like he was going to cry.