Chapter 1: The Friendship

I watched him walk down the hall in school. I couldn't seem to look away. I've had a crush on him since well from what I can remember elementary. We were never really that close. Well back then. Now he's my bestfriend, we call each other brothers. No we're not real brother thank god. I was in love with him. Just wish he could return the favor. Of course he was straight. I always thought to myself he wasn't, there were things about him that would make it hard for you to believe that. 

I would watch him walk towards me. He was a grade lower than me, he is suppose to be in my grade but because of complications when he moved they withheld him even though he never failed. I couldn't see anyone but him. My heart would always race and my head would always pound when he'd look at me and smile. This was one of the things that made me wonder.. 

"Hey David." he said to me with a smile. 

"Hi" I said nervously. I had always talked to him this way so it never really bothered him. 

"We should probably meet up with everyone else for lunch. The line can be horrible." 

He was right. Our school, considering how small it was, was the most packed when it came around to lunch. 

"Okay." 

We walked into the lunch room, grabbed our trays and went and sat where everyone else was sitting. 

"See and that's why you can't have sex in a car." I heard Kaydence say. 

Yep that's Kaydence. She's my bestfriend from childhood and she turned out to be the biggest perv out of all of us but it was amusing. 

"I can see we came in at the wrong time."  Johnny said. 

"Oh shut it. Just cause you've never done anything." 

"Says you."

After everything went on we went to class and the day ended faster than I could of imagined. I hated days like these. I enjoyed school and going home was such a pain. Aside from my mom working and being tired and my dad always on boss mode. I never got a chance to relax unless I was doing homework. Much relaxing huh.

"You need a ride David?" I didn't know who said that.

Suddenly arms came around my waist and pulled me out of the crowd and let go.

"You need a ride?" It was Johnny. I was still in shock from his arms around my waist. He's never done that before.

"umm..N..no." I had driven today so no rides. No matter how bad I wanted to I had to drive my car home. Damn.

"Okay." He walked away and put his arm around his girlfriend. Yes he had a girlfriend. DAMN YOU STRAIGHTNESS.  

I watched in envy as they walked off.. But then it was over and I went outside to find Kaydence and Reed talking. I sat with them for awhile and we talked. 

"So David, found any new men?"

"No... I guess you can say I'm not looking."

"Your so in love with Johnny."

"NO I'M NOT." No one knew about that but Kaydence. I was basically out of the closet. I never admitted or advertised it but It was known and I didn't deny it when it was brought to my attention.

"Yes. You. Are." I just stared at him. "Reed, why do you think that?" He looked straight at me as if he were trying to burn a hole through my head. "I see the way you look at him. You want him. You need his nuts!" 

Ohmygod. Yeah he said that! "REED!"

"sorry..."

He never really thought before he spoke but he never regretted anything he said either.  When he spoke that's what he meant.