18: At Night You'll Live It All Again

Long one guys, saddle up!!!

XX Luce

________________________________________________________________________________

That’s when it happened. Three days ago I was completely fine...happy and...I felt, could it have possibly been a crush.

That second when Jesse disappeared last-night, just the smell of his hoodie to remind me of him I felt something strange. I’d only ever felt it once before and that was when Alex Williams looked me in the eyes for the first time in sixth grade.

It starts out small, and then the butterflies grow larger and you smile, it spreading across your mouth while a blush spreads across your face and your heart, something happens there. It fills with happiness. It’s a crush and even though I hate to admit it, that was no ordinary feeling I felt for Jesse three nights ago.

Three days ago, I was cool. I looked up Vanilla Twilight just as I was asked to but then the Suggested Videos came a video.

It was labelled JESSE PHOENIX AND PARIS NOLEMAN BACK TOGETHER?? So, I clicked on it, halfway through the song.

A darker skinned guy with black hair came onto the screen. ‘So, there’s been a lot of controversy about Paris Noleman and teen celebrity Jesse Phoenix. Are they going out? Or are they calling it quits? Or...are they secretly going out and avoiding publicity? Well, folks, I can tell you Jesse Phoenix was spotted on the 29th of June going to Famous for Being Famous pop, blonde teenager, Paris Noleman. The pair “Supposedly” broke up mid-April this year, Jesse calling it quits for the both of them, saying he needs a break from romance and wants to concentrate on his last year of schooling and his career.

‘He was spotted at Paris’s twenty-five million dollar mansion in which her father, David-Robert Noleman, the former American Football star and third wife, Felicity Meers the ex-supermodel bought in 2007. He walked up to the front door, and as soon as Paris opened it, he pounced upon her, invoking her in a deep and passionate kiss that every girl on the planet would have died for. Here are some pics of that night,’

Jesse’s song My Heart played over the speakers and ten different pictures of a couple sprouted on the screen. A guy whom I’d been unknowingly crushing on, Jesse Phoenix. His soft lips, looking like he was sucking on her neck, her head tilted back, her eyes closed and her mouth slightly opened. Her left hand slid in his jeans back pocket and her other hand around his neck.

The image of the man comes back on and he shrugs. ‘Well, is Jesse really off the market? Or is this all some crazy scam? This is a ...’

***

Hey, wanna meet up? I wanna take u somewhere. Xx J

I glare at my phone, my eyes pricking up with tears.  I delete the text message straight away and throw my cell phone at the back of the couch in the Staff Room.

I sniff and wipe away the angry tears, staring at my cell phone.

I walk out of the Staff Room with an angry strut in my stride. I stomp to the coffee shop counter and open up a new station. Pilar is already there, serving an elderly lady.

‘Can I have a chocolate milkshake?’ A teenaged girl asks. I don’t even reply, just go to the milkshake maker and pump scoops of chocolate into the metal container.

‘Hey...sweetie, I’m sure it’s not even him...’ Pilar says. ‘Just a look-a-like,’

‘I’m fine!’ I snap, grumpily. So I’d told Pilar about the little crush I’d had on Jesse. Keyword being HAD. At first, she was all “I TOLD YOU!!” but then she realized that I was seriously depressed about Jesse Phoenix.