10: Open My Eyes, It Was Only Just A Dream

OK, I know yall want DTE and I promise I will upload that right after i finish this one. Promise. Ill think of something heheheheheheheheheheh but....I have been busy.

xx 

_______________________________________________________________________________

I walk straight to Pilar’s locker, hoping she would be there. Its eight thirty, we still have fifteen minutes until the bell is due to ring so technically, she should be at school alright. She normally is at eight-thirty.

I regard people staring at me and whispering about “The girl who owns Jesse Phoenix’s heart” and I walk on, trying not to notice.

Girls glare at me as I walk past and I try to tear my eyes away from their horrid stares but their eyes are intently fixed on mine.

I gulp a little bit and I even pull out the purple band which tied my long dark hair up in a neat ponytail, letting it cover my face and hide my sorrowful eyes from the world when one girl shakes her head and the other snickers and whispers a rude comment.

Their uniform skirts are rolled up so far you could almost see their crotches – I guess its a good thing  we have black tights. Even though it’s against the uniform policy, they have layered their eyelashes with thick black mascara and encrusted their lips in gloss so thick you couldn’t even see their natural lip color. Ties were undone and hair in messy pony tails. Unlike me.

My uniform is fairly neat. Yeah, I did convince Mom to let me take up the hem of my blue and black plaid skirt so it was mid-thigh and I do loosen the tie around my neck a tad so it doesn’t choke me to death but my hair is always done in a neat ponytail, bun or a fishtail braid, my black tights are almost all hole-less and I don’t wear that much mascara or lip-gloss.

‘Oh! Look, its Jesse Phoenix’s Heart!’ A girl with curly red hair screams out, mockingly and her group of girls burst out laughing.

A red glow rushes to my cheeks and I feel my ears go pink. Thank God I have long dark hair covering up my ears.

I continue walking and I focus walking in a straight line rather than at the girls and guys staring and pointing.

I stop short in front of Pilar’s locker and I stand in front of it, my fingers twisting together awkwardly as I wait for Pilar to come up.

I look to the left, only to find gangly, acne covered teenagers talking to each other.

‘Hi, Bessie!’ I jump and my eyes snap to my right.

Willow Rosenbroke stands there, her skirt the shortest, holes pierced throughout her tights and her hair let down in a sheet behind her back.

‘Bethany,’ I correct her automatically, looking around her and noticing for the first time that none of her posse are with her. Its just Princess-biach-face by herself. She looks around too, stupidly and then beams back at me.

‘I totally knew that! Oh-my-god. OK, Its because Georgia has a pet horse called Bessie and I get muddled up!’ She says, only then noting my horrified face.

Did she just compare me to a horse?

‘No, Bethie, I totally did not mean that. I mean, come on, hon. We are, like...’ She pauses and crosses her index finger with her middle finger and shoves them under my nose. ‘...this tight,’

‘...yeah,’ I say, quietly.

‘So...I am so sorry we couldn’t do that whole shopping thing, it was gonna be a fabo day and...well, I was so annoyed you couldn’t go.’ She says, leaning on her left leg.