Chapter 16: The Deep End

Chapter Sixteen

{~Vera~}

"Jesus Christ would you shut the fuck up already?" A man said as he untied my hands. I couldn't speak, I could only scream unintelligibly.

"How the hell did Kano kidnap her and make us do all the handiwork?" A man asked.

"Why would you say his name in front of her?" The other guy snapped.

"Zebastian already knows it was me." A gorgeous man said stepping in the room. He closed the door behind him and pulled up a chair so that he sat in front of me. "If I take the gag off will you go screaming?" I didn't say anything. "I'm taking the gag off, if you scream I'll cut your tongue out. Got it?" I nodded. He reached behind me and took the gag off then observed me.

"Should we leave?" One of the men asked.

"Yes." The man known as Kano said. They nodded and left. "So you're Vera White..."

"Yes." I said my throat sore.

"I guess, now that I've seen you, that it makes sense as to why Zebastian is so crazy over you." The guy smiled showing a perfect set of pearly whites.

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked putting my fear aside.

"I haven't decided that yet." He said truthfully. "I'd love to kill you slowly, but you're so fucking gorgeous that I want to make you mine."

"Why?"

"Because Zebastian screwed my life over. His father screwed everyone's life up." Kano explained with a sigh. "It's all very personal."

"What does any of this have to do with me? Zebastian and I aren't together."

"But we all know that you two are soulmates. Whether you're together or not you'll always have that connection that no one can understand. Fortunately, you're Human, so you don't experience the same things that he does. I.E. feeling each others pain, knowing when one is in danger, etcetera, etcetera. So, to answer your next question, Zebastian does know where you are, and he knows that I took you."

"So you know he's on his way."

"Of course! The plan-which is still undecided-is to get him to come here as fast as he can, by causing you to bleed out, and then trap him. His weakness is you, my dear. Anything bad that happens to you will destroy him. Literally." Kano said.

"What will you do to me when he gets here?"

"Have my way with you a couple of times, then kill you. I mean, you're Human, we're incompatible." He laughed. "We would never work out, but I want to feel what Zebastian feels when he fucks you."

"Why?"

"The power." He said leaning back into his chair. "It's always been about the power.

"What power will you get from seducing me?"

"Power over him. He'll beg me to stop, for starters that's already sounding like paradise. Hearing the most powerful Immortal in the whole universe beg on his knees for a pathetic, weak, human being." He spat his eyes dark and fierce.

"He won't come." I said firmly. I hope he doesn't come.

{~Zebastian~}

"I gave you ONE order! ONE!" I yelled at everyone. "DON'T LET HER LEAVE THE PALACE!"

"Lord, we did-"

"You didn't what, Trevin? You didn't care? You thought that taking her to the fucking garden would be safe, huh, cause it was on my grounds?" I asked infuriated.